What's new

BBCSO Exp maps not triggering sometimes??

Hi all!

Tried searching for this, but couldn't find anybody with this issue through the forum.

I'm on cubase 10.5 , latest BBCSO plugin. I'm liking some of the instruments in the plugin, but I find it unusable just because when using the expression maps that come from their own template provided by spitfire audio, sometimes randomly the articulations won't change. Sometimes I need to switch twice between articulations to get it to switch, but sometimes it won't.

It happened before when using some exp map I found on some forum, but now I see it's also happening with the "official" one.

It sucks a bit to not be able to trust the articulation triggering on the library, so I'm not using it on my daily work much.

Anybody had similar problems??

Thanks very much!!!

Alfred.

I'm only using my own expression maps, but I get the same issue at the beginning of lines/events. When I start to play a line within an event, I usually just quickly switch between 2 articulations and then it works. If I merge all events of an instrument, I just do this switch before the very first note, but then it's no issue.

So, I think it's generally an issue with expression maps or a feature, that I haven't figured out. Sometimes, they just don't behave like I would like to, but despite these little annoyances, I still find them too valuable not to use them.

I'm only using my own expression maps, but I get the same issue at the beginning of lines/events. When I start to play a line within an event, I usually just quickly switch between 2 articulations and then it works. If I merge all events of an instrument, I just do this switch before the very first note, but then it's no issue.

So, I think it's generally an issue with expression maps or a feature, that I haven't figured out. Sometimes, they just don't behave like I would like to, but despite these little annoyances, I still find them too valuable not to use them.
Thanks very much!

but in a big template you can’t go track by track reseting the articulations every time you playback...

It’s not a small issue for me, I usually work on tight deadlines, and printing demos with wrong articulations, cause I dont even check the prints usually since it’s all good usually, is a bit of a deal breaker for me.

anybody got a solution or similar?

thanks again!!

but in a big template you can’t go track by track reseting the articulations every time you playback...

Ok, that doesn't sound normal. Once I record this switch at the beginning of the track, I can playback everything fine. Can't help with that.

Top Bottom