What's new

BBC "Madame Benoit"

MOMA

Stockholm, Sweden

"MADAME BENOIT"

As main sample library for this piece I turned to Spitfire BBC. I have worked on my own new BBC template for some time and this is a kind of premiere for the set up. In all honesty there is some solo instrument sneaking in from CSSS and the beloved Herring Clarinet. The style of this easy going piece is like uncharted waters for me, but I do love film scores from the fifties and that french feel for rhythm and charm.

Any thoughts, tips and hints are as always welcome and highly appreciated.

Best to you

MOMA
Stockholm, Sweden

Last edited:
This is impressive!

The arrangement and the delicate touch when it comes to the individual instruments blows me away. As do the composition itself with the moving and surprising progression. I have heard scores from you before and there is always something intriguing and inspiring about the them - this may be the best yet. Thanks for sharing this and please add some facts about this amazing production.

And take care in these times!

Spices

Last edited:
Hi,
congratulations on your excellent work. You are a professional, it is understood, and it is good that you post your work on this kind of forum to help others progress. I just finished a composition using 90% BBCSO and "Madame Benoit" also appears in my music video!!! (look at 4:15)

Bravo again for your talent and good continuation.
Best,
Christian from France:thumbsup:

Th
That’s gorgeous. I downloaded it so I can listen to it on my drive to work Monday morning.
Thank you companyofquail! I do hope you did reach you destination safely. Great to hear you like the piece and the comment is highly appriciated!

MOMA
Stockholm, Sweden

This intro cue is excellent. The only comment I have is that when the snare drum enters, it pushes the perspective back (suddenly we are in a wider space!) I would suggest a softer snare entrance, more intimate and less "roomy" but mixed up front. Same thing happens when the snare comes in later (and to a lesser extent with the xylo)

These are absolutely just VERY picky comments about an otherwise stellar intro cue. Bravo!

Beautiful track !

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you muziksculp! To share on VI-Control is a rewarding effort - always good friends coming up with great response and ideas!

Best to you and have a great weekend

MOMA
Stockholm, Sweden

This is impressive!

The arrangement and the delicate touch when it comes to the individual instruments blows me away. As do the composition itself with the moving and surprising progression. I have heard scores from you before and there is always something intriguing and inspiring about the them - this may be the best yet. Thanks for sharing this and please add some facts about this amazing production.

And take care in these times!

Spices

Thank you for you kind words. And if you have heard some of my other projects you probably know that this is the first attempt on a typical film score - in the sense that it should work as a complement to the images. I do like it, all though it is hard to get the transitions right. I work on it!

Thanks yet again!

MOMA
Stockholm, Sweden

If you would be so generous to give us a insight in the production, that would be great - immense track!

Spices

So here is the story Spices:

Its quite simple actually. I love film, and have been looking into French Cinema from the fifties a lot. Love the style and wanted to try it out.
Got around to actually finish my BBC template and started sketching on the piano. Took me a week and rounded up the mix in a day or so. I ended up using the JB for solo violin and Herring Clarinet for the solo clarinet. The first chairs are CSSS and the rest is built from the BBC library.
Mostly dry, but some FAB R on parts of the piano track and parts of the solo instrument. The rest is more of a standard mix that you all use I guess.

Thanks for the uplifting response, and please keep in touch!

MOMA
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi,
congratulations on your excellent work. You are a professional, it is understood, and it is good that you post your work on this kind of forum to help others progress. I just finished a composition using 90% BBCSO and "Madame Benoit" also appears in my music video!!! (look at 4:15)

Bravo again for your talent and good continuation.
Best,
Christian from France:thumbsup:

Thank you Christian! Great to hear you like it, and its always a treat with some images along the music, as you prove with your visual piece.

Best to you, and take care!

MOMA

Stockholm, Sweden

So here is the story Spices:

Its quite simple actually. I love film, and have been looking into French Cinema from the fifties a lot. Love the style and wanted to try it out.
Got around to actually finish my BBC template and started sketching on the piano. Took me a week and rounded up the mix in a day or so. I ended up using the JB for solo violin and Herring Clarinet for the solo clarinet. The first chairs are CSSS and the rest is built from the BBC library.
Mostly dry, but some FAB R on parts of the piano track and parts of the solo instrument. The rest is more of a standard mix that you all use I guess.

Thanks for the uplifting response, and please keep in touch!

MOMA
Stockholm, Sweden

Thank you MOMA. I love the Italian and French films and I think you nailed it all right!

Spices

Fun listen, good composition and execution! But what is the footage from and who is Madame Benoit?

Anyone going in looking at Da Vinci Reslove and the endless opportunities in that film editing program (its free) will sooner or later end up down the rabbit hole. It is extremely captivating and a motivating final to your effort making better music. Highly recommended!

MOMA
Stockholm, Sweden

Top Bottom