What's new

Avengers Infinity War - Mockup.

Jono

Hi folks, not typically in the habit of posting things like this but since we're in lockdown, I had a little more time on my hands. I was redoing my template and thought I could kill two birds with one stone and have a look at the orchestration of one of my favourite cues from the Avengers Infinity War score by Alan Silvestri.

Keen to hear any thoughts

Wow I am properly impressed, this sounds very nice. I’ll move right on to the obvious question (someone has to ask): what virtual instruments did you use / are part of your new template? Thx for sharing!

Wow I am properly impressed, this sounds very nice. I’ll move right on to the obvious question (someone has to ask): what virtual instruments did you use / are part of your new template? Thx for sharing!

Thanks man.

Woods, Brass and Strings are all Spitfire Symphonic.
Timps, bass drum and cymbals are HZ Percussion.
Sus. Cymbal, Glock and Vibes are True Strike.
Harp is Kontakt's own.
Choir is Lacrimosa
Piano is Rhapsody Grand by Waves.

Biggest problem is the panorama settings and that piece does not sound realistic as far as instruments are placed in real orchestra. For example brass are only hard panned in one side and going from one point instead of space feel.

Brass feels like recorded in small room compared to others, percussion sounds like recorded in very big concert hall.

You should consolidate the room for whole orchestra. What reverb / orchestra placer do you use?

Biggest problem is the panorama settings and that piece does not sound realistic as far as instruments are placed in real orchestra. For example brass are only hard panned in one side and going from one point instead of space feel.

Brass feels like recorded in small room compared to others, percussion sounds like recorded in very big concert hall.

You should consolidate the room for whole orchestra. What reverb / orchestra placer do you use?

Thanks. Panning was one thing I was paying closer attention to when making notes on the actual recording. Most of the ost mix is on the dry side to my ears but feels very wide, the brass in particular. Interestingly, it seems AS uses an unconventional layout when recording (there's 2 tubas- split L and R).

Top Bottom