What's new

Automate Kontakt instrument parameters from VP in Cubase?

Dracarys

Hello,

I'm simply trying to automate parameters in Cubase from Kontakt loaded in Vienna Ensemble. When I want to automate a FX plugin in Cubase, I'll send Kontakt Ch1 output to say out 3/4, then I can automate an EQ on Out 3/4 channel in Cubase. However I still can't automate any Kontakt knobs or plugins on actualy vienna channels.

My engineer did this effortlessly with Pro Tools (hit Learn and started turning knobs), probably because Pro tools has Audio/Midi combined tracks. Is there any easy way to do this? I might switch DAWs based on this over clutter of channels.

Thanks!

However I still can't automate any Kontakt knobs or plugins on actualy vienna channels.
There are several methods to do that...
For example, you can use the Cubase Quick Controls to automate the VEP Kontakt parameters.

There are some 3rd party Kontakt libraries (patches), which come with default "Host Automation" mapping so the Cubase QC can get it automatically. Some sample libraries do not come with default "Host Automation" mapping. In this case you have to map the Kontakt Host Automation parameters beforehand (as I show in the Video below).

Finally you have to automate the Quick Controls via the Cubase track automation.

i just ran into this with Studio One and VEP7.

watching.

update: finally got it figured out.

clever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom