What's new

Audiobro sending out 50% off coupons to individual customers (stackable to current sales)

So, is there a MSS special offer if you bought/updated to LASS 3.0? As a LASS 2.5 owner I have never seen a special price for that.
Was curious myself as I’m still deciding if I should upgrade Lass 2.5 to Lass 3, or skip the upgrade and go straight to MSS. If adding lass 3 first gets a larger discount to MSS I might just get both. Anyone know?

I have upgraded to LASS3 last year, but eventually bought MSS (and MSB and LADD). I never use LASS, so I would probably had better not to upgrade. (as a matter of fact, there is so many settings you can do in MSS, I'm not to rebuild everything in LASS).
And now I've just bought Genesis and Eternity.
I have everything from them (appart from expansions) and very happy.
Now, I'd like them to work on Woodwinds rather than on freebies.

I have upgraded to LASS3 last year, but eventually bought MSS (and MSB and LADD). I never use LASS, so I would probably had better not to upgrade. (as a matter of fact, there is so many settings you can do in MSS, I'm not to rebuild everything in LASS).
And now I've just bought Genesis and Eternity.
I have everything from them (appart from expansions) and very happy.
Now, I'd like them to work on Woodwinds rather than on freebies.
Yeah I was thinking of upgrading to lass 3 with the hopes that if mss and lass 3 use the same engine, I should be able to easily switch between the two when programming to see which sound works better. Sounds like this is not something easily achievable or worth doing? BTW how are you enjoying mss and msb?

After receiving a coupon for MSS last week, I know got one for MSB - unfortunately I am not in a position to purchase either, but I wonder if they will end the party with a 50% next week 😅

It seems like we have finally entered a new era of crazy marketing. I have recently received a coupon from Audiobro that I can get additional 50% off the current sales prices by using that voucher. Seems like I got this voucher just because I did not buy anything from them since Lass 2.0. Now, this really seems very unfair to me. That is why I am sharing the information here. I think marketing has become so totally fucked up. I will not use the voucher and will also never buy again from someone who considers that ok. I also think it is incredibly stupid, as it is obvious how something like that might back-fire ...

Is this unnecessary ranting? Should I keep something like that to myself? No, I would want to know and I think also others have a right to know.
Send me the voucher! I want eternity choir bundle.

Yes. I think it is unnecessary and, actually, inexplicable. There's nothing underhanded, odd or even unusual about offering additional discounts to customers. Some of my favourite developers have standing offers that effectively do the same thing.

Audiobro is a small company that makes excellent products. I rate Andrew, who founded it, as having very high integrity, and a stand-up guy. And I love their strings, too.
Yep.

Took my coupon codes and bought Genesis and LADD.

I certainly think they ARE trying to raise cash, so for those who didn’t get codes, reach out to them. They’re good guys.

I'm trying hard not to go for LASS 3 Lite... I'm kind of holding out for another ARO release.

I already have the usual suspects - mainly CSS, BBCSO, SSS and Pacific; and also Dimension Strings which might be worth mentioning. Could LASS still bring something to the table?

I'm trying hard not to go for LASS 3 Lite... I'm kind of holding out for another ARO release.

I already have the usual suspects - mainly CSS, BBCSO, SSS and Pacific; and also Dimension Strings which might be worth mentioning. Could LASS still bring something to the table?
Important question. What if anything do you think is missing from your table?

Because if you have to ask us, I’m assuming that you are the expert in such matters, you probably don’t need anything

Yes. The joy of owning another string library. Don’t deny yourself this guilty pleasure of life.

Important question. What if anything do you think is missing from your table?

Because if you have to ask us, I’m assuming that you are the expert in such matters, you probably don’t need anything
Since I have Dimension Strings (and also the VSL SE+ strings) I do have some dry strings, so it wouldn't be just for that sake, although LASS seem to be less "sterile" (which is something I actually like in some cases with the VSL strings). I'm drawn to the tweakability and the look-ahead mode.

I tend to "browse" my libraries for a sound that fits the current idea, so having yet another string library isn't necessarily a question of "will this replace all the other stuff". Still, as you say, I probably don't need anything.

Will try to keep myself in check for a while longer.

Just got a personalised voucher code to get MSB for $250. Given how comprehensive MSS is which I own, I’m sure it is good value. However, having Infinite Brass, HO Opus Brass, BBC SO Brass and Century Brass (probably forgot some others), it is probably a purchase I can pass on.

Just got a personalised voucher code to get MSB for $250. Given how comprehensive MSS is which I own, I’m sure it is good value. However, having Infinite Brass, HO Opus Brass, BBC SO Brass and Century Brass (probably forgot some others), it is probably a purchase I can pass on.
I want one too (but for MSS) :(

Top Bottom