What's new

Audiobro Sale - LADD and MSB Opinions?

5Lives

Hi folks,

Looks like Audiobro is doing a Halloween sale on everything. I have Genesis and LASS already.

Looking through the forums - not much recent talk about LADD. It came out a while ago, but seems to be not as popular in general as other perf libraries. I have some CinePerc and HZP, but that's it. Saga was something I was looking at, but LADD seems extensive and powerful. Any recent opinions on it?

Modern Scoring Brass launched to a lot of fanfare (...no pun intended), but been pretty quiet since. Cinematic Studio Brass seems to be the brass recommendation of choice here now (which I own and is nice for the basics). MSB is in the new Audiobro interface which is so much nicer than LASS (and LADD). How are people liking it? Pros and cons?

Cheers!

(I also have been thinking of grabbing CineBrass Pro instead to complete my CineBrass set)

Last edited:
Ahh man.... I was hoping the Genesis discount would be more significant. It's only $20 off the regular price of $299. I know it says the regular price is $399, but I've never seen it actually sell for that. Genesis was $199 in August. Maybe Black Friday.....

Last edited:
For MSB, seems there's some nice demos in the forums. Andrew from Audiobro mocked up the James Bond theme here https://www.dropbox.com/s/66ew7xzxpzlhy2o/JB%20Theme%20Test.mp3?dl=0

Pretty incredible IMO!

LADD:

- Sounds awesome
- Complicated to make use of power features
- GUI - WTF were they thinking

I'm watching the videos - what are the power features you're referring to? Agree that the GUI is unconventional, but seems fairly straightforward? The individual hits are mapped to the keyboard in the instrument patches, like expected. They have 8 sequences you can trigger and they have 12 "mixes" / FX you can trigger as well. I actually think the key FX distract from the raw sound of the recorded samples, which seem to be very good quality. I'm not sure I'll use the key FX much, but given I'm not a great percussion programmer, the sequences seem like a nice addition (sort of like Action Strikes).

I'm watching the videos - what are the power features you're referring to? Agree that the GUI is unconventional, but seems fairly straightforward? The individual hits are mapped to the keyboard in the instrument patches, like expected. They have 8 sequences you can trigger and they have 12 "mixes" / FX you can trigger as well. I actually think the key FX distract from the raw sound of the recorded samples, which seem to be very good quality. I'm not sure I'll use the key FX much, but given I'm not a great percussion programmer, the sequences seem like a nice addition (sort of like Action Strikes).
"Power Features" was probably the wrong phrase....more like the "Deeper" features maybe. Like the sequencer. Holy hell, it's so small and unusable. Menus are buried and the whole process of using it just feels like a chore. And have I mentioned how freaking hard to read it is? ;)

If this library ever got the Genesis treatment, it would easily be my top percussion library. It's currently like gold wrapped up in rusty tin.

Opened 'new' Sale section on Site, and lots of dust & cobwebs fell out ! :eek:

Halloween, or has Audiobro just not changed 'Sale' offers for loooong time ?

For MSB, seems there's some nice demos in the forums. Andrew from Audiobro mocked up the James Bond theme here https://www.dropbox.com/s/66ew7xzxpzlhy2o/JB%20Theme%20Test.mp3?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/66ew7xzxpzlhy2o/JB Theme Test.mp3?dl=0)

Pretty incredible IMO!

Hm, that wasn't quite as good as i was hoping. However, i don't know whether any other brass library could do it better.

Also, that last chord wasnt the Bond chord!

Not many opinions surprisingly?

I use LADD on almost every composition where I need percussion. Maybe 50% of what I do can be done quickly with the presets on the main page. The effort to figure out the relationships between all the controls under the covers was well worth the effort. Echoing @jneebz: great sounds, powerful options, dreadful visuals make the UI seem more daunting than it is.

I'll chime in simply to say that one aspect of MSB that isn't trumpeted (ahem) by Audiobro but that I've found to be one of the best features of the library are the inclusion of hybrid instruments that are a combination of samples and physical modeling. These are very agile and sound great, sometimes (at least out of the box) better than the standard sampled versions.

Seems like more LADD fans than MSB. Though wonder how LADD holds up to newer entries like LAMP and Saga (and evening HZP) if you ignore the whole sequence and FX parts.

Has been a dilemma for me for years ............ Have LADD and very pleased. Audiobro 'Sales' /Mktgg are stupifying.
No problem if Andrew and crew stay focused on content and new creations, but not likely to go there again.
Sales prices have been essentially 'fixed' for so long I can't recall.
Honestly was impressed for long time, but now moving on.

I have LADD.
Same opinion as some above, do like the sound / really do not like the interface.
Not using it anymore just because of that. I do like Strikeforce (Laboratory Audio) as of late.

I do not have MSB.... but that Bond demo sounds terrible....

Audiobro said back in the days they would add new content to LADD : mostly loops/pads. Have they done so ?

Top Bottom