What's new

Audio Plugin Deals Hidden Gems

Arkain

Hi, so I've been wondering if there are any plugins avaliable from Audio Plugin Deals' shop that are worth picking up for a base price. I'm thinking about buying Vocalisa by Impact Soundworks, Classica Double Bass and La Fisarmonica Accordion by Xperimenta Project. Can you recommend any hidden gems worth buying for any type of video game music? Thanks!

All your thoughts are good, would recommend these as well:
Glissando Harps - Chocolate Audio
Proclethya Bundle - Dymai Sound
Extended Electric Guitar - Edu Prado
Resonance Emotional Mallets - ISW

The Massive World Bundle from ISW has to be one of the great bargains of all time at base price, but I haven't picked it up myself yet.

The Waldorf synths are very good. You can only get the old version of Largo there; but you could use that to upgrade to 2 which might be worth it. Nave sounds great, though I'm not familiar with programming it. Largo is as easy or difficult to program as your skill level allows. Some of the presets are amazing pads and textures.

It's not exactly hidden but I only discovered the other day that they were now carrying this:

for 50% off using rewards, or just flat-out during promos like the one right now.

Ik multimedia Mixbox is currently on sale for $29. Maybe not hidden, but an amazing deal.
That's true, It does sound very good and it has great options.

I just got three Waldorf products that I didn't have yet: the Waldorf Edition 2, PPG 3.V and Streichfett (which wasn't even available the last time I looked). They all sound much as I'd suspect - vintage high-end digital in most cases, and a more modern sound on the newer Streichfett.

Last edited:
Ik multimedia Mixbox is currently on sale for $29. Maybe not hidden, but an amazing deal.
I would like to warn everyone that it is a noise fest with loudest noise burst you’ve ever experienced. Even had trouble exporting with it - like every 4-th or 5-th project export went out with square parts in random part of track. So this pretty much a red line and I would never ever use it again.

I would like to warn everyone that it is a noise fest with loudest noise burst you’ve ever experienced. Even had trouble exporting with it - like every 4-th or 5-th project export went out with square parts in random part of track. So this pretty much a red line and I would never ever use it again.
That's an awful problem to have. I haven't had any issue of that kind. Do you know if it affects many others, or on specific systems?

I haven't had a single issue with Mixbox. Works perfectly.

I haven't had a single issue with Mixbox. Works perfectly.
Good for you. But I have zero issues with Fabfilter, Softube, PA, UADx, Soundtoys, ToneProjects, Arturia, Liquid Sonics, Relab Acustica Audio. And know what, IK go to hell with the issues I have had - really bottom of the list amongst others.

When you diss a product I think context is important. A 12 year old system is pertinent information.
This session' export was failing every 4-th/5-th time due to 1 or 2 instances of MixBox. So I would rather stop using crappy plug-ins than upgrade rather powerful and decent system.

Attachments

• B5420207-0C3F-4F23-8A08-B5C77E0448EA.jpeg
    B5420207-0C3F-4F23-8A08-B5C77E0448EA.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
This session export was failing to export every 4-th/5-th time due to 1/2 instances of MixBox. So I would rather stop using crappy plug-ins than upgrade rather powerful and decent system.
I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but to warn people against what is a perfectly good tool simply because it didn't work on your ancient system is a bit disingenuous, IMO, unless you include that caveat in your post.

Did you use the latest version of Mixbox? Did you bother to try updating it? Did you contact support and ask about possible solutions? Details are important.

This session export was failing to export every 4-th/5-th time due to 1/2 instances of MixBox. So I would rather stop using crappy plug-ins than upgrade rather powerful and decent system.
What did customer support say when you reached out to them?
Sometimes it takes a while for them to get things sorted out. However, they have always been able to address any of the issues I reached out to them about.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but to warn people against what is a perfectly good tool simply because it didn't work on your ancient system is a bit disingenuous, IMO, unless you include that caveat in your post.
If software has a 0.0001% chance produce 0dBFS noise burst that could in theory lead to hearing loss, damaging equipment or having an issue on a daily job (used to work on TV - imagine put a exported piece with 0dbfs on air...) - then I have an absolutely legitimate reason to warn others. Telling that I have an ancient system or did something wrong is like pretending to be the smartest in the room.
Did you use the latest version of Mixbox? Did you bother to try updating it? Did you contact support and ask about possible solutions? Details are important.
I used to beta test for software audio plug-in vendor - so don't have a reason to be a tester guy for IK Multimedia that literally has a gazzilion products to update, maintain and release (yes, you could read between the lines that I think the won't be bothering really). Also don't much care for channel strip plug-in that I have purchased for 29$. So you could really keep on using IK Multimedia on your very modern and fully updated system, but for me this sort of misbehaviour even on single product automatically put the whole vendor and its portfolio into crapware list.

Top Bottom