What's new

Audio Plugin Deals Hidden Gems

Ahh, OK. They've done 20% the last 2 July 4ths, and last Halloween, so maybe they'll add another this year? Pure speculation though.
Oh, I didn't realise that - or have deleted the memory file. If they've done it two years in a row, I think we have a pretty good chance of seeing it again this year.

I think I remember there being a 10% off coupon for APD, if so, does anyone know what it is?
I don't know of a constant one, but Taco Tuesday seems to come round fairly regularly, and that offers 10%. There was one at the start of the month, so no idea when the next one will be, but they seem to be throwing these short term extra X% off deals out more frequently, so you might not have to wait too long.
It's worth noting that Taco Tuesdays don't drop everything to Base Price, so you need to have enough Rewards Cash to drop the price into no brainer territory (and Chris Hein or Tarilonte Base Prices are not particularly enticing, so even then there are circumstances where you can get far better prices elsewhere if you're prepared to wait), so if you don't have a stock of RC, then 04/07/24 is likely to be you're next shot at an unbeatable deal, as they've done BP-20% the last 2 years.

This is somewhat of a gem.

and $19 is a fair price.
I remember that when I bought it, after I put it in the cart and proceeded to checkout, I was also offered Barrage for a similar price (or maybe the other way round).

Got Battalion in one of the sales.
Is it just me, or do you also discover script errors, missing samples and sequences?
If you load a preset, same of samples have to be reloaded. Same happens for the sequence arrays. Looks like the presets are not loading correctly. Batch resave unfortunately did not help.

Got Battalion in one of the sales.
Is it just me, or do you also discover script errors, missing samples and sequences?
If you load a preset, same of samples have to be reloaded. Same happens for the sequence arrays. Looks like the presets are not loading correctly. Batch resave unfortunately did not help.
I don't have any of those issues and I've had it for a while. I'm glad I got it. My only issue with it is a designed-in inconvenience: The current preset/patch name is not displayed and nowhere to be found. I messaged the developer and was told that it would be addressed in the future. That was a while ago.

BTW, if you want another brass library of this ilk, albeit more comprehensive, you should have recently received an extra $20 discount code from APD for use at the Sample Logic site to bring down the clearance price of Fanfare to $59. I just checked and there are only 42 copies left.

Paj
8^|

Edit: Thinking about Battalion got me to open it again. About two hours later . . .
Despite the MSRP of $349, $19 is way over the threshold for when it becomes a no-brainer purchase. Would love to see a Battalion version for woodwinds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom