What's new

Arturia V Collection 7.1

I'd wait for a sale. I'm pretty sure they usually do a 50% off at some point. I am kind of interested because of the tutorial aspect of 7, but I'd like to hear some feedback.

I always wait for Arturia’s sales,I have enough soft synths from various companies I’d rather be a bit behind Arturia’s latest update than pay list price for the latest iteration.
Last year they stated they would NOT offer any discount on version 6, myself and I presume many users held off and Arturia had another sale and I then updated.
The V Collection 7 upgrade from V6 looks underwhelming to me even at 1/2 price, at the $299 price point it’s not even a consideration.

Just to say that you get free updated versions of all the products you already own, even if you're on an earlier version of the Collection. I'm on V5, but just got the latest update of that, with another hundred or so presets I think - 7,100 now. That's all great, but its even less motivation to pay to upgrade really, isn't it?

v7 upgrade isn't worth more than $99 for me, so if and when it goes that low...I'd probably splurge for it. Maybe v8 will bring more to the table.

As a V6 owner I just got a Black Friday offer to upgrade to V7 for $99 until Dec 5th.
I see that we get 3 new synths and an Analog 4 update.
Any new features or improvements other than that?
Does anyone else who might own this upgrade feel that adding those 3 new synths is worth an extra hundred bucks?

As a V6 owner I just got a Black Friday offer to upgrade to V7 for $99 until Dec 5th.
I see that we get 3 new synths and an Analog 4 update.
Any new features or improvements other than that?
Does anyone else who might own this upgrade feel that adding those 3 new synths is worth an extra hundred bucks?
When V7 came out, I looked for information on other features and improvements and couldn't find any. That made $299 to upgrade prohibitively expensive. As already pointed out above, Arturia's upgrades always go on sale eventually -- usually this means a new version is to be expected soon. As usual, I'm glad I waited.

UPDATE: correction -- V7 also includes a new version of the Hammond organ, B-3 V2.

Last edited:
I dunno I'm still on the fence. Even at $99, its not that interesting to me this time. I will probably wait for V8 and wait for black friday sale on that one too.

Same thought here,I have so many synths,the combined upgrade of 7 & 8 for $99 next year will probably feel way more enticing.

By the way, I believe with V6 we got the Analog Lab update. It just excludes sounds from those three new synths. So really you're talking about Mellotron, Synthi V and CZ V for $99...none of which are that interesting...and yea I have a lot of synths too.

Arturia is starting to run out of classic stuff to emulate. It will be interesting to see what they try to do with v8

What about the whole Arturia V vs UVI Vintage Vault debate? I don't have either but looking to pick one up. As someone who doesn't do a lot of tweaking, and mostly sticks to the presets, I think I might be better with UVI's sample approach vs modeling.

As someone who doesn't do a lot of tweaking, and mostly sticks to the presets, I think I might be better with UVI's sample approach vs modeling.
It would be off topic here, but I would be very interested in a thread on the issue this raises. Should one's preference between sampled and modeled instruments depend to some extent on whether one "sticks to the presets" or does "a Lot of tweaking"? If so, why?

I think the other nice thing besides the new instruments in V7 is the amount of new presets and the fact that analog lab added a bunch of stuff to make it work better with more controllers, and the performance mode to help for live players.

I'm still on six. I think for $99 that's not bad depending on the other goodies on offer for black friday.

I think V6 users already got the Analog Lab update, including all the new presets! We just don't get the three new synth plugins (Mellotron, Synthi and the Casio).

It would be off topic here, but I would be very interested in a thread on the issue this raises. Should one's preference between sampled and modeled instruments depend to some extent on whether one "sticks to the presets" or does "a Lot of tweaking"? If so, why?

I prefer Arturia over the UVI sample pack. The UVI sample pack does sound real nice, but it is what it is, a sample pack with simplistic synth programming, if you own falcon you can stretch it a little more, but its basically just a sample pack. The Arturia product is incredible. I would pay the entire purchase price, just for the synclavier alone. Actually that is why I did. But it turns out some of the other synths are fantastic too. Plus it is all NKS ready if you own a KK midi board. There's a lot of good stuff in there, a lot of presets and plenty to tweak.

I also happen to have the IK Syntronik sample pack and it has some awesome sounding presets, but I almost never use it. I'd rather use the synths so I have more ability to tweak a little bit.

Last edited:
Do you not automatically get the updates for what you have already?..I'm on 6..probably going to wait for 8..

That upgrade price is disgustingly high. I have the Arturia piano, however, and think it's the best I've ever used. Holds its own against the Pianoteq.

Yes, I have v6. V6 has included numerous updates, even this year...and as I understand it, analog lab was updated for us too...along with the presets that go into V7. But not the presets related to the three new synths that are part of V7

That upgrade price is disgustingly high. I have the Arturia piano, however, and think it's the best I've ever used. Holds its own against the Pianoteq.
In a mix, absolutely agreed - it's great. If you're doing a piano "intro" or something where it's alone, I'm not really a big fan of Pianoteq or Arturia Piano. I appreciate the size and low resource use, but maybe I'm being closed minded? I kind of gravitate to Kontakt libraries I have and totally forget about modeled piano.

I'll be the first to say it's just my opinion. I respect what you're saying. If you have tips for using it, maybe I'm missing something?

Top Bottom