What's new

Are you (or were you ever) a composer's assistant in LA??

Kent

sleepy member
Hi all,

My friend Kenny is putting together a really handy guidebook on being a composer's assistant in Los Angeles.

He's got a quick, anonymous survey that would be really helpful for any current or former Los Angeles-based composer assistants to answer.

Here's the link:
https://forms.gle/npzoP5eajLNyipdR9

When the guidebook is completed, it will be shared with all members of VI-Control, absolutely free, with no obligation. There is no intention of profiting from this resource.

If you have any questions, please ask away!

Thanks!

I think they need to add a timeframe to this, in regards to "were you ever" a composer's assistant? I mean is the job I had 20 years ago relevant now (probably not) and even if it were, the numbers would need to be adjusted for inflation. And the cost of living is a TON more now than 20 years ago in LA. So what is the cut off, in the last 3 years? 5 years? I know it's not your thing, but you did say "ask away!"

I think they need to add a timeframe to this, in regards to "were you ever" a composer's assistant? I mean is the job I had 20 years ago relevant now (probably not) and even if it were, the numbers would need to be adjusted for inflation. And the cost of living is a TON more now than 20 years ago in LA. So what is the cut off, in the last 3 years? 5 years? I know it's not your thing, but you did say "ask away!"
A good question! I’d say keep it to within 5ish years - it’s a different industry these days and I think relatively recent data will be most useful.

Top Bottom