What's new

Are there online courses where you can actually interact with a teacher?

fawn

I mean something where he can actively listen to the music you make during the length of the course and give you practical advices instead of just watching videos or doing exercises on youself.

Can you make me some examples? I really wanted to do something like this!

I don't know about courses, but you can certainly take composition lessons one on one, and you'll get that sort of individual instruction.

I mean something where he can actively listen to the music you make during the length of the course and give you practical advices instead of just watching videos or doing exercises on youself.

Can you make me some examples? I really wanted to do something like this!
Look into Thinkspace. They do exactly that.

Yes. Specifically, look at the Bootcamp
Yeah; in general Thinkspace courses don’t give feedback from the course author. Some of the authors do watch over the discord channel and some do regularly provide feedback and assistance but it isn’t guaranteed. The bootcamp is, from the sales blurb, very focused on feedback.

Master The Score are similar in terms of having a discord channel where authors can if they are so inclined provide feedback.

For info - I got an email that the ThinkSpace boot camp is running from June at a cost of £649 at the moment. More details on their web site.

Last edited:
@A.Heppelmann has a class on orchestration with a discord that he watches and is actively discussing possible (cheap) group lesson review sessions via zoom and he also offers private lessons. I'm enrolled and finding it very good and am learning a ton (with the caveat that the full course is not yet available and is still getting content added).

@A.Heppelmann has a class on orchestration with a discord that he watches and is actively discussing possible (cheap) group lesson review sessions via zoom and he also offers private lessons. I'm enrolled and finding it very good and am learning a ton (with the caveat that the full course is not yet available and is still getting content added).
I really like the style that Alex has. It is a shame about the price of the course as (to me), it is too high for an early access \ still work in progress. But I don't doubt the content or the delivery and if he does provide feedback then that does add value.

I'm working my way through these from Alex (albeit I won't get any feedback):
-
-

But his lessons are very reasonable priced compared to some I've seen - http://www.alexheppelmann.com/lessons.html - which is interesting.

Top Bottom