What's new

Anything like Loupedeck but with faders?

SomeGuy

looking for a versatile controller for logic and Final Cut Pro, and love the idea of loupedeck, but really dislike knobs as you can only control one at a time. Does anyone make something like loupedeck or streamdeck that is flexible for multiple apps, but has multiple faders instead of knobs? I just think it would be so useable to have one set of faders that you can use not only for audio mixing, but can switch to midi CC as well!

I also find it odd that all these new “daw controllers” are limiting themselves to single faders! To me the joy of faders is being able to put multiple fingers on multiple controllers and ride them at the same time. A loupedeck CT with 4 faders that can switch between audio and midi control (that auto bank to selected tracks) would be awesome! Anything like this exist?

Last edited:
I just got on board with the MetaGrid / PlugSearch / Art Conductor solution to use my iPad Air for articulation switching and other control. I've also put together an existing Magic Trackpad and AudioSwift to be my 'faders'. I designed a quick graphic for a custom skin for the trackpad and got it produced by SlickWraps so that I have a better visual for what I'm doing with AudioSwift. I haven't put it all together just yet, but am trying to put together a nice small, mobile rig that will feature the MBP M1 Max, the iPad Air, and the Roli Block Ms (coming soon).

The key for you is that AudioSwift works with FCP, too, so it could be a very low-cost solution for you. AudioSwift has some great features and seems very well put-together. If you have an existing trackpad (or even if you have to buy another one) it might make a lot of sense.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpeg
    IMG_0423.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0422.jpeg
    IMG_0422.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 28
I just got on board with the MetaGrid / PlugSearch / Art Conductor solution to use my iPad Air for articulation switching and other control. I've also put together an existing Magic Trackpad and AudioSwift to be my 'faders'. I designed a quick graphic for a custom skin for the trackpad and got it produced by SlickWraps so that I have a better visual for what I'm doing with AudioSwift. I haven't put it all together just yet, but am trying to put together a nice small, mobile rig that will feature the MBP M1 Max, the iPad Air, and the Roli Block Ms (coming soon).

The key for you is that AudioSwift works with FCP, too, so it could be a very low-cost solution for you. AudioSwift has some great features and seems very well put-together. If you have an existing trackpad (or even if you have to buy another one) it might make a lot of sense.
Thanks for supporting AudioSwift! This design is awesome. You get all the different controller modes in one graphic skin: sliders, triggers, xy pads, even the jog wheel. Can I share this in my social media and my blog? Could you email me or DM a high resolution photo?

Thank you! I will look into audioswift
Hi. I'm the developer of AudioSwift. You can try it for free. Let me know if you have questions.

With a Magic Trackpad and AudioSwift you can get:
- A Mixer mode to control one fader + panning or two faders at the same time in Logic Pro.
- A Slider mode with 4 sliders to send CC messages to VIs.
- An XY Mode to control the color wheels in FCP. This works using the popular third party app Command Post.

looking for a versatile controller for logic and Final Cut Pro, and love the idea of loupedeck, but really dislike knobs as you can only control one at a time. Does anyone make something like loupedeck or streamdeck that is flexible for multiple apps, but has multiple faders instead of knobs? I just think it would be so useable to have one set of faders that you can use not only for audio mixing, but can switch to midi CC as well!

I also find it odd that all these new “daw controllers” are limiting themselves to single faders! To me the joy of faders is being able to put multiple fingers on multiple controllers and ride them at the same time. A loupedeck CT with 4 faders that can switch between audio and midi control (that auto bank to selected tracks) would be awesome! Anything like this exist?
There are lots of options for DAW controllers with multiple faders (https://www.andertons.co.uk/search?search=daw controller) but checkout the recent additions to the ICON Pro range..the V1M and the P1M are just out: https://iconproaudio.com

The key here is the ability to use it both to control audio faders (which most do out of the box) and be able to switch to controlling midi CC for virtual instruments on the same device, which seems to not exist?
Ah I see. The Presonus Faderport does that but I would not recommend it for Logic- it's OK, but it's made for Studio One integration most of all.

Hi. I'm the developer of AudioSwift. You can try it for free. Let me know if you have questions.

With a Magic Trackpad and AudioSwift you can get:
- A Mixer mode to control one fader + panning or two faders at the same time in Logic Pro.
- A Slider mode with 4 sliders to send CC messages to VIs.
- An XY Mode to control the color wheels in FCP. This works using the popular third party app Command Post.
@Golden Frog , forgive my ignorance; does AudioSwift work similarly with the MacBook Pro built-in trackpad as with the Magic TrackPad? It looks as if it does but wasn’t sure from the site. Any major downsides to using the built-in beyond ergonomics?

@Golden Frog , forgive my ignorance; does AudioSwift work similarly with the MacBook Pro built-in trackpad as with the Magic TrackPad? It looks as if it does but wasn’t sure from the site. Any major downsides to using the built-in beyond ergonomics?
Hi. With a Magic Trackpad, the Bluetooth adds a little of latency. Using the sliders or xy pads, the latency is not really that noticeable.

However, using the Trigger Mode to make a drum beat, it can be annoying or not, depending on the user. Connecting the Magic Trackpad with a cable, get rid off the latency.

Other than that and the size of the surface, AudioSwift works the same (except for a Magic Trackpad generation 1 that doesn't have Force Touch support).

Top Bottom