What's new

Anybody seen this yet: The Orchestra

@sostenuto I'm selling mine for $369 in case you are still interested.

Ha!! Were you one of the lucky $279. buyers ?? ( just kidding) :sneaky:
Lots of posting now suggests The Orch and Inspire are NOT so much overlap and good justification for both. Will need lots more time to digest.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that is absolute nonsense. If you think "Professional" means they don't make mistakes, that's delusional thinking.

If you bought before they changed it, that's one thing. You didn't complete your purchase. They have a right to change prices on their own site at any time.

Of course, if what you say is true, and they say they will honor the price for anyone who was thinking of ordering, everyone in the world would come forward and claim they thought they were getting the better price.

So again, that thinking is just nonsense. You can have sour grapes, and you can try to guilt them into thinking they lost a sale, but that's life. Customers use all sorts of reasons why they won't buy something, all the time. If a company can't survive those unreasonable people, they aren't a good business.

Yeah, it sucks to know you could have snuck in and got it cheaper. But you aren't entitled to the price if you didn't already complete your order.

Brent

One size fits all. Your opinion; fine.

Sonuscore knows timing of my posts and of their cancellation with Big Fish Audio. They could have easily reached out with PM, as there surely were not that many with Discount in Cart and going to Checkout. So be it ........

Waay late responding as some craziness here from MS_Edge. Lots of garbled characters. No problem with Chrome. Just figure it out .....

I agree with Brent on this one. Creators try to preserve value and everyone lives on the margin these days cept the 1%...

Mistakes happen. Being an early bird I've gotten some super savings on a couple spitfire libs till spitfire took action. Other times I wasn't quick enough!

BTW, love being in a position to get both libs... They indeed serve different needs and provide unique value...

Smart move to get OT's intro deal...it is super! On the other hand, TO is a blast! I haven't had this much fun just noodling and coming up with song ideas EVER with an orchestral library... TO will have a bargain at some point I'm sure

Ha!! Were you one of the lucky $279. buyers ?? ( just kidding) :sneaky:
Lots of posting now suggests The Orch and Inspire are NOT so much overlap and good justification for both. Will need lots more time to digest.

No, I paid full price. Enjoy your new library!

Even an idiot drummer such as myself can get pleasing sounds with this thing just minding my parallel 8va's and 5ths!:)
Edit: Not taking away from Craig! Very nicely done! Actually the last chord sounds really nice and real to me despite being "raw" and not just running through the arp.

hahahhaa Yea I got this library because I dind't wanna build the MIDI for the arps myself. I want to be lazy and still be able to pull off epic productions :) for more serioulsy music though, I just Spitfire, and would almost never quantize.

Anyone know if they work Sundays? I ordered this 12 hours ago and still no download link. I got it as a birthday present to myself so will be disappointed if I can't unwrap it today.

Anyone know if they work Sundays? I ordered this 12 hours ago and still no download link. I got it as a birthday present to myself so will be disappointed if I can't unwrap it today.

Did you register the serial at best service?

I respect your opinion, but allow me convey mine in another way. Let's say you own a car dealership, and decided to mark down your inventory 19%. A typo in an advertisement marked your cars down at 91%. Hundreds of people flock to your dealership. Obviously honoring the typo would completely bankrupt your business.

You immediately acknowledge the typo on Twitter, Facebook, and have a retraction printed the next day. Would you expect people to understand that a mistake was made, or would you feel obligated to sell a car at 91% off to everyone who brought in a copy of the errant ad, willingly going bankrupt in the process?

A typo is a mistake. So is running an unauthorized 30% sale.
Good reasoning but the legal perspective allows for nuance, stipulating that sales, even due to mistakes, should be honored unless the mistake is obvious, like in your car example, yet unlike the 30% off sostenuto refers to. So, if he agreed to purchase at that sale price, it should be honored by the vendor.

I ordered The Orchestra last Sunday from JRRShop. No immediate automatic serial or download links, just the receipt and the info that I'd get an e-mail from BestService once the serial had been generated. I didn't expect it and the surprise was even more pleasant when that e-mail arrived on Sunday afternoon with enough time left to dive into the Orchestra.

So, hang in, there's hope yet for you to get the necessary info even on Sunday. :)

I heard a machine gun effect too, but then I realized I had clicked on this by mistake.

With all these new orchestral libraries coming out, a quick count reveals that I want about $2400 worth of libraries. Even if I had the money (which I don't) this is pathologically, clinically insane...

Good reasoning but the legal perspective allows for nuance, stipulating that sales, even due to mistakes, should be honored unless the mistake is obvious, like in your car example, yet unlike the 30% off sostenuto refers to. So, if he agreed to purchase at that sale price, it should be honored by the vendor.

Appreciate this flexible view ... yet in context with others !

Honoring my order, when precisely at erroneous deal correction moment, would have been great, but just terrible timing for me.
Actually, Big Fish Audio's error, and apologies to Sonuscore for pointing to them. Tough now to go back to BFA and expect them to help. It may be worth a try ...

The Orchestra looks like solid product and interested that it stands somewhat apart from OT BOI.

Moving on :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Legal opinions are just that. This was actually Big Fish Audio issue (with Sonuscore). Sonuscore posted here and behaved reasonably (despite my emotional reaction). I have subsequently appealed to Big Fish Audio to review the situation and respond.

Legalize has brought massive problems; few solutions. Problems are solved by decent individuals making studied decisions. Not so many today and decreasing by the minute ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom