What's new

Any new libraries for staffpad?

They released a few smaller offerings with the last update. Glory Days will be a nice addition for jazz stuff however.

BBC sounds interesting. To be honest , while I enjoy working with VSL, I’ve never found their instruments blend very well when stacked on top of one another, at least not in the same way BBC blends very naturally together. But that is based More on their original libraries and not their synchron stuff.

Sorry if this might be a stupid question, but where can I see the pricing for the libraries, when I do not own Staffpad yet ? I Could not find anything on the website.

Really? I asked Paul Thompsom specifically about BBCSO and he didn't answer at all
Well... since the op talked about rumours I felt that the epistemic bar was set low. In response to a about BBCSO on StaffPad in a YouTube comment Paul answered “Well... 🤔😉”.

The comment can be found here:

yea I was the one who asked him that
Aha! So maybe the difference between us is simply a matter of how liberally/optimistically we interpreted the smileys. My wishful thinking has Paul saying “ohh you just wait and see... it will be amazing”.

Weird... I am so emotionally invested in StaffPad and I don’t even own it! :D I will buy it as soon as I can afford a new iPad.

This question comes up a lot. Not sure why they don't include this info on their website. This the current price list as of today:

StaffPad Price List

$99.99 (USD)
CineBrass
CinePerc
CineStrings
CineWinds
Voxos Choir

Spitfire Symphonic Strings
Spitfire Symphonic Woodwinds
Spitfire Symphonic Brass
Spitfire Symphonic Percussion
Spitfire Chamber Strings

Berlin Strings
Berlin Brass
Berlin Woodwinds
Berlin Percussion
Berlin Strings First Chairs

$69.99 (USD)
CineHarps
CineStrings Solo
CinePiano

Berlin Harps
Berlin Pianos

Audioollie Scoring Synths

$54.99 (USD)
StaffPad Antique Keys

$39.99 (USD)
Tina Guo Cello
Taylor Davis Violin

$29.99 (USD)
Spitfire Felt Piano
Spitfire Union Chapel Organ
Spitfire Steel Drums

$19.99 (USD)
StaffPad Essentials Drummers
StaffPad ambience ONE
StaffPad Retro Keyboards

$9.99 (USD)
StaffPad Guitars Vol 1

$6.99 (USD)
StaffPad Accordion

FREE
StaffPad Toy Glockenspiel

Last edited:
Interesting development! I've been interested in building up my handwritten score skills. The last time I wrote by hand was the early 2000s; since then, it's been all piano roll/key editor interfaces.

StaffPad with some sort of library add-on sounds like a great option for me, before exporting out to something I can import into Cubase and tweak with my bigger libraries.

Problem is, man, how long should I wait before giving up on a BBCSO release for StaffPad? I have BBCSO Pro, so it sounds like an ideal way to transition written notation into Cubase for further tweaking, library replacement, etc.

Interesting development! I've been interested in building up my handwritten score skills. The last time I wrote by hand was the early 2000s; since then, it's been all piano roll/key editor interfaces.

StaffPad with some sort of library add-on sounds like a great option for me, before exporting out to something I can import into Cubase and tweak with my bigger libraries.

Problem is, man, how long should I wait before giving up on a BBCSO release for StaffPad? I have BBCSO Pro, so it sounds like an ideal way to transition written notation into Cubase for further tweaking, library replacement, etc.
@Beans I've heard nothing in the wind about BBCSO for StaffPad any time soon, so I wouldn't hold your breath. You could email StaffPad support and ask! In the meantime, if you don't want to splash on the add-on libraries, the stock instruments are absolutely good enough to get thoughts onto “paper,” especially if your plan is to export and tweak in a DAW. A word of warning: XML is the most reliable format for exporting, but it will still need quite a lot of massaging once in Cubase or whatever. So do consider buying a premium library or two and see how you go. A common practice among StaffPaders is to use add-on libraries then export audio stems for mixing and mastering elsewhere. If you are a Spitfire guy, I recommend their SCS add-on, which is lovely.

I emailed David (StaffPad) earlier this year saying I'd love to develop library for StaffPad, as I love the app (enough that it's my first go-to now). Since then, I released my first library yesterday.

I can not promise it will come to StaffPad, as it's up to David to audition the sounds and see if it will work for him. But... as a StaffPad user it's #1 on my priority list. I want better sounds for notation. Period.

So this is neither news or a rumor. It's just pending reviews from David and perhaps from others. I haven't had feedback on the library other than those who wrote demo tracks. From writing automation scripts to finding loop points to a getting a starter site live while I hire a proper web developer... there's a lot to running a business and I'm only starting to get my feet off the ground. So I don't have tons of demos right now and those I do have mostly show a few patches, not even my favorites (so I clearly have more to demonstrate notation wise right now).

So...

If anyone who has already posted on this thread would like a free copy of the library to test it out, PM me and I'll send you a 100% off coupon code. I'd like to get more input on whether you feel the library would bring something to StaffPad as-is or if I can add a few patches or improve anything. If I can get myself off the ground here, I've been testing brass & string sampling methods and I'm 100% convinced StaffPad's mock-up agility can be improved. It's already genius, I just think more can be done even with a light library footprint. So if anyone has input on what they'd like to see in their existing instruments (not just synths), I'd appreciate a PM on that too. Any input is welcome, most of all from StaffPad users.

Stay safe,
Sean

Top Bottom