What's new

And it begins...major copyright lawsuit by writers against AI content harvesters

And who must assume liability for it? AI? Developers?

You appear to be confusing (or conflating) THE TOOL with THE DATA it is trained on.

If AI is being trained using illegally accessed data then it's pretty obvious who is at fault, and they are being brought to court to make it clear for everyone, including you.

You appear to be confusing (or conflating) THE TOOL with THE DATA it is trained on.

If AI is being trained using illegally accessed data then it's pretty obvious who is at fault, and they are being brought to court to make it clear for everyone, including you.
Returning to my first comment - it means all people in the world are being trained using illegally accessed data. And Google is using illegally accessed data when searching sites in the Internet.

Anyway thanks for the discussion! I would quit from it now :)

Returning to my first comment - it means all people in the world are being trained using illegally accessed data. And Google is using illegally accessed data when searching sites in the Internet.

Anyway thanks for the discussion! I would quit from it now :)
You're pretty obstinate in this huh? People don't photobash their obtained skills and knowledge using the literal images they put, wholesale in molecules, into their brain.

Google is not pretending the information it presents to you belongs to google. It does not attempt to claim copyright over this presented data. The data has not been stolen, thus it is not illegal.

You are willfully ignoring very important parts of reality to make a nonsensical point. I would quit from it now.

You're pretty obstinate in this huh? People don't photobash their obtained skills and knowledge using the literal images they put, wholesale in molecules, into their brain.

Google is not pretending the information it presents to you belongs to google. It does not attempt to claim copyright over this presented data. The data has not been stolen, thus it is not illegal.

You are willfully ignoring very important parts of reality to make a nonsensical point. I would quit from it now.
Ok, thank you

Here's an interview where they talk to one of the developers of the Nightshade AI data poisoning tool.
(Edited): Listening to this, I'm personally more convinced than ever that 'fair use' is a bullshit defense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom