What's new

Alone At Last Film Competition

@Shimoyjk,
Oh thank you so much!) I really love the style of your entry!
The piano/string theme, that appears in the beginning and kind of reveals itself in the end, is so beautiful and haunting!.. Love it! I would really enjoy listening to its longer version.

@TheNashJMusic,​

Yay, I'm glad you decided to join too! :) Really great work on the film score!
I really love the beginning music, great mood changes according to scenes, lots of very cool nuances - and 00:51 made me laugh! :grin: It was a very unexpected mood change, so that's a great surprise moment!

@S-B-L,
I greatly enjoyed your entry! I love the strings palette in the beginning, and overall it's a very stylish interesting score! Best luck to you!

Here is the playlist of all the current entries with some more wonderful scores:

In the latest video regarding the contest Martin mentioned about one particular video that made him laugh. I'm pretty sure he is referring to the "horror film" moment by Michael Heck - that was a very cool and brave "surprise moment" idea=)) And the timing with the character's smile was perfect - now I can't "unseen" this scene! :rofl:
There is also another great entry with the funny "surprise moment" by 7klang - again on the "horror film" and the tape peal-off sound! :grin:

I bet these two entries will have the recognition! They definitely should!

Here is the playlist of all the current entries with some more wonderful scores:

In the latest video regarding the contest Martin mentioned about one particular video that made him laugh. I'm pretty sure he is referring to the "horror film" moment by Michael Heck - that was a very cool and brave "surprise moment" idea=)) And the timing with the character's smile was perfect - now I can't "unseen" this scene! :rofl:
There is also another great entry with the funny "surprise moment" by 7klang - again on the "horror film" and the tape peal-off sound! :grin:

It's funny as I hadn't seen these before my entry and now I see that other people also went for a less serious surprise moment I'm relieved😂 These are excellent!!!

@Gedren I know it's late but thank you for your feedback on my entry (as always). Your entry was wonderful and that ending🔥

Yes, it's those that really made me smile, in the video I was referring to 7klang, but even Michael had a brilliant idea. Relieving a little from the tension, but as Andreas pointed up...that surprising moment is just one of the various judging criterias, means, even a score that didn't make us laugh has the same chances to win. And during yesterday's livestream I was again deepdiving in the Gravity 2 Designer Engine....what a beautiful beast it is. Best luck to everyone and again a big thanks to @Heavyocity Media for sponsoring this event.

Thank you so much Andreas Dormann and Martin Heiden Reich for organizing this wonderful competition, it was really fun to rescore this incredible film. This is my entry, I hope you like it!

Fantastic work!
I love the vibe in the beginning. The orchestra from 00:26 sounds fantastic - what library is that?
Really great mood changes. And a great "surprise moment"! =)) 👏

Fantastic work!
I love the vibe in the beginning. The orchestra from 00:26 sounds fantastic - what library is that?
Really great mood changes. And a great "surprise moment"! =)) �
Thanks Maria, I really appreciate your comment, as usual you are very attentive and professional...the sound of the Orchestra at minute 00.26 comes from OT Metropolis Ark 3 - Brass Orchestra.

I'm new to Cubase and I am not sure my video is so large. I don't know why the bit rate is set to 192kb/s I don't recall setting it. Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot 2024-03-30 210944.png

I should have prefaced the post that I am trying to upload the video for the alone at last competition.

Top Bottom