What's new

All VI Freebie contributions Here!

BPB and IKM have partnered to bring out a new freebie. It's called Quad Image, and is a multiband stereo imaging plugin. There are 25000 free licences available, starting from today 30/04/24.

The latest freebie from Venus Theory: Strands - Intimate Cinematic Cello

(Decent Sampler)

I don't use the Soundpaint platform myself but have stumbled across the new free instrument they have recently released:

This percussion library features sounds from a few actual instruments but of various items and found sounds. Both the player and the library are free to download and use.

Those interested will find several other free titles at Soundpaint. Some of those seem to be ported from Kontakt libraries also available for free at 8dio.com.

Here is yet another reverb aimed at ambient work and sound design:

This runs in a full version of Reaktor 6 and higher. It has the usual features for this type of plugin, including the freeze function. Also, a straightforward and clean-looking GUI.

The latest addition to the free series by Soundprops:

This upright bass library is geared at jazz, folk, and even orchestral styles (at least, it says so on the website). Unfortunately, there are no details on articulations, dynamic layers, and RRs.

The latest free or pay-what-you-want instrument by SampleScience:

This is aimed at Japanese music, but could also be suitable for ambient, cinematic, and new age work. As with most of the instruments by this developer, it runs in a dedicated plugin available in AU, VST, and VST3 formats.

Here is a sample manipulation engine for Kontakt 7 that also works in Kontakt Player:

It allows you to process custom samples with the latest FX and tools built into Kontakt, incl. granular synthesis. It comes with a selection of loops and presets. I assume this functions on a drag-and-drop basis, though I'm not sure.

@TomislavEP: It is indeed DND and, surprise, also accepts ncw files. That opens up virtually all of your Kontakt/Retail libraries as sample sources to play around with---something that may not be possible with VSTs of similar ilk. Not the ultimate, full-featured and deeply-tweakable multisample tool but quite nice in its own approach. No problem with soundscapes, underscores, atonal pads, etc. Melodic instruments are another story and it doesn't seem like the sounds are, or can be, mapped to multiple keys all across the keyboard. Still, a pretty neat library.

Paj
8^)

I stumbled across this free rompler plugin by a developer called "Soundware" (I'm not familiar with them):

This is a multi-tier price project. Apparently, the basic version at the above link was also commercial before. Now it's free and includes 350 presets plus one expansion pack. The plugin is compatible with all popular DAW programs.

Here is a little something for all retro fans:

A free Decent Sampler library based on sounds from Casio VL-1. I'm not sure if this is a recent release or not, though.

Top Bottom