What's new

Albion v5.1?

Bumping this up as it has also been mentioned in another post that 5.1 was seemingly released way back in April and that some people have it but most don't. Wondering if Christian or Paul could shed some light on this?

Wierd, according to my Kontakt I have Albion 5.1 ; I purchased Albion a couple weeks ago. There is a 'changelog' which suggests 5.1 was released in March 2014.

Interesting... I don't have 5.1 either and don't remember seeing any updates for it. Does anyone else have the 5.1 update?

5.1 (Released 1st of April 2014)
- New Mic Mixer presets functionality. Copy/Paste mic settings between open patches or save them as NKA presets.
- Velocity response option to the mixer menu (switch between linear, shelf, exponential and logarithmic).
- New articulation switcher system from the latest BML codebase.
- Ability to select and layer multiple instruments at once by holding SHIFT when clicking the instrument icon.
- Speed slider now working correctly in Legato articulations
- Tuning on non-tree mics on Woodwinds ensembles
- Fixed loop points on Ensemble patches
- Voice limits on releases
- Neighbouring Round Robin now works correctly
- FX now working on Brunel patches.
- Ostinatum presets now renamed so that they'll expand on PC
- Performance improvements under the hood.

More info here:
https://blake.so/spitfire_updates/

Yeah, saw that link on the tuning topic, that's what made me bump this. According to my Kontakt, I'm only on 5.01, not 5.1!

Hm... my Albion doesn't have the 5.1 update in its name yet, so I guess I missed that update too.

Just got my download links for Albion 1/2/3 by email after contacting support.

Crazy to think these updates were available way back in April and nobody knew!

Yeah I didn't get 5.1 either. I emailed them. I know they will get back to me quickly so I'm cool. Great company and terrific products.

It's a fantastic update! Especially the Mural overlay, high-string legato and WW tuning fixes. As I spend more time with this library, I love it more and more. And for some not-so-obvious reasons...like the Steam Pads! :)

I too had no idea about the update, but about a month ago pinged SF support about the legato mess, and they sent me a link to 5.1 the next day.

-Jamie

I too had no idea about the update, but about a month ago pinged SF support about the legato mess, and they sent me a link to 5.1 the next day.

-Jamie

Really? This is so strange. I emailed last week but am still waiting. Of course we all should be getting it now....just have to wonder why so many of us haven't.

So I downloaded the latest patches and Albion was actually 5.2!

Something weird though - The preets in the COG folder open up with blank interfaces and no instrument selectors. The GUI has the background and a few controls but not the bottom part where you select the articulations. And nothing loaded in ram. However, the main patches have the COG functionality so i guess it doesn't matter. Not sure what those patches are in the COG folder. Actually all the main patches for the 3 Albions seem to have the COG functionality 9unless I'm mistaking what it is).

Another weird thing - The Loegria strings ensemble patch is only the high strings.

Hang on guys, the update will roll out in the next few hours, we've been final testing.

Please don't email support asking for links until I've posted here that all updates are out.

Thanks,

Paul

btw -- heres the changelog for 5.2 (including the fixes for 5.1):

v5.2 (Sept 2014)

- ADDED: New method for 'time machine' patches that preserves room whilst allowing control over note length

- ADDED: FX added to time machine patches (control run speed or FX length)

- ADDED: Time machine patches for Ensemble shorts have been added

- UPDATE: Time machine patches now share articulation mapping with main patches (rest notes for unused artics)

- UPDATE: Tweaked start offset in Ensemble String shorts to fix double notes and timing

- UPDATE: Tweaked start offset in String Hi Ostinatum shorts to fix timing

- UPDATE: Performance improvements under the hood.

- UPDATE: Moved to the latest BML codebase.

- ADDED: New Mic Mixer presets functionality. Copy/Paste mic settings between open patches or save them as NKA presets.

- ADDED: Velocity response option to the mixer menu (switch between linear, shelf, exponential and logarithmic).

- ADDED: New articulation switcher system from the latest BML codebase.

- ADDED: Ability to select and layer multiple instruments at once by holding SHIFT when clicking the instrument icon.

- HOTFIX: Speed slider now working correctly in Legato articulations

- HOTFIX: Tuning on non-tree mics on Woodwinds ensembles

- HOTFIX: Fixed loop points on Ensemble patches

- HOTFIX: Voice limits on releases

- HOTFIX: Neighbouring Round Robin now works correctly

- HOTFIX: FX now working on Brunel patches.

- HOTFIX: Ostinatum presets now renamed so that they'll expand on PC

- UPDATED: Performance improvements under the hood.

Top Bottom