What's new

AHDSR Sustain

Tminus

Hi all,

I was disappointed to find users can't apply or control modulators like AHDSR at the instrument level without adding an instance of the plugin to every group that requires it. Is there something at the instrument level that will do what the sustain of the AHDSR modulator does?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply. I've had a look at the Add FX options in the insert and main sections for volume controls but can't see anything I recognise that would control AHDSR (particularly sustain).
Can you give me an example of one that does?

I mentioned volume, because that's what sustain is. Without attack, decay and release, sustain is just volume level.

I mentioned volume, because that's what sustain is. Without attack, decay and release, sustain is just volume level.
Actually I made a mistake when I said Sustain. What I'm actually after is the Release.
Anyway, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to add the AHDSR modulator to every group that I want it on, create a button and assign it to control the bypass of each group AHDSR. Which I'm sure is a drain on CPU.

Something I've noticed about the bypass is that notes get stuck if the bypass is engaged if a note is being held or recently released. What is that about and how do I stop it?

EDIT: Same thing happens when I delete the AHDSR modulator while I'm playing - notes get stuck and I have to quit and re-open the instrument.

Last edited:
You cannot really do anything about that. Envelopes are important to decide when voices end. If you abruptly remove or bypass it, things will get stuck. You can reset the engine by clicking "!" in top right in that case, you don't have to reload the instrument.

Things that are bypassed aren't a drain on the CPU.

But also, why not just modify the release of the groups you want? You don't have to add a new envelope.

You cannot really do anything about that. Envelopes are important to decide when voices end. If you abruptly remove or bypass it, things will get stuck. You can reset the engine by clicking "!" in top right in that case, you don't have to reload the instrument.

Things that are bypassed aren't a drain on the CPU.

But also, why not just modify the release of the groups you want? You don't have to add a new envelope.
Thanks for the tip about clicking "!" instead of closing and opening the instrument.

How do I modify the release of a group without adding an instance of AHDSR?

Well, just change the Release knobs in various groups? If you can add a new envelope you can also modify existing ones...

Top Bottom