What's new

Adam audio Competition.

Hello everyone! I wish you all the best of luck in the competition, although honestly, I hope to have a bit more luck than you :rofl::rofl::rofl:. This competition presents an interesting challenge by limiting the time to a minimum and basing it on a space-themed image. Typically, when it comes to representing space in music, one often relies on long crescendos in evolving pads or sustained notes in a spitfire style. However, with only 30 seconds, it's challenging to achieve a compelling musical result following that approach. The real difficulty for me lies in how to showcase my skills in such a short time while still capturing the essence of the great films and series depicting space adventures.

I understand that, at the end of the day, this is more of a lottery than a composition competition :shocked:, but I would love to hear your opinions on how to approach this challenge. I'm sure this won't be the last time we face this situation.

Hello everyone! I wish you all the best of luck in the competition, although honestly, I hope to have a bit more luck than you :rofl::rofl::rofl:. This competition presents an interesting challenge by limiting the time to a minimum and basing it on a space-themed image. Typically, when it comes to representing space in music, one often relies on long crescendos in evolving pads or sustained notes in a spitfire style. However, with only 30 seconds, it's challenging to achieve a compelling musical result following that approach. The real difficulty for me lies in how to showcase my skills in such a short time while still capturing the essence of the great films and series depicting space adventures.

I understand that, at the end of the day, this is more of a lottery than a composition competition :shocked:, but I would love to hear your opinions on how to approach this challenge. I'm sure this won't be the last time we face this situation.
I agree with this. Normally you play to the judges' preferences but I have no idea in this case so I just put something based on a narrative I made up (probably way off).

It is quite a challenge. I chose a faster tempo for the reason you said: if you want to do something interesting in only 30 seconds, you have to get right to it and do it quickly. But there's other ways of approaching the challenge. @aboska used a slower, more atmospheric style and still managed to make it interesting. That's part of the fun, seeing the different ways people respond to the constraints of the competition.

Open for interpretation but you have 30 seconds!? This is an insane competition but a great way for judges to then listen to all the tracks all the way through because even if there were 100 entrants that's 50 minutes of music to listen to so in honesty they could be done deliberating in a day and if it's more within a few days to a week...so not bad at all.

I already had an Idead of something I would do for this one looking at the picture but I don't think I'll have the time to enter! But best of luck to all who do (and have) and I'll definitely be looking forward to hearing the compositions you guys make! Fantastic ones so far.

Thanks @Georgios Matis for flagging this one.

This clip is linked to 1:36 and is in response to the question about 'space:' this harkens the desolation that comes to mind when we talk about rocketry, which seems harsh in contrast to the vast peace felt when contemplating the stars on a still night.

It is quite a challenge. I chose a faster tempo for the reason you said: if you want to do something interesting in only 30 seconds, you have to get right to it and do it quickly. But there's other ways of approaching the challenge. @aboska used a slower, more atmospheric style and still managed to make it interesting. That's part of the fun, seeing the different ways people respond to the constraints of the competition.
Thank you for your kind words, you don’t know how much it means for a newbie like me :)

Great pieces here ! I love listening to the work of VI members, always a pleasure. Congrats everybody, that one was hard. Good luck to you !

Top Bottom