What's new

AcousticSamples VWinds

Could we be getting a contrabass flute? Maybe some recorders? A shakuhachi?

Or will it just be eleven piccolos?

No. No. Don't tell me. I can wait.

Still waiting.
A shakuhachi would be so awesome. I think they'll likely stick to classical orchestral instruments for now but ever since I got my hands on the clarinets I've been dying for AS to apply their techniques to other non classical instruments. Like the Dizi flute, shakuhachi, duduk, bansuri, etc. I remember AS saying they plan on expanding the brass line so horns and tuba may be next on the chopping block but hopefully they'll get there eventually.

There's a clarinets update pencilled? How come?
Yes, they will implement the ability to play long and wild glissandi and fix some bugs that got reported.

Last edited:
Can we pre-order the flute library in order to get early access even to unfinished product. I mean come on. COME ON. One doesn't simply say the V-series is coming out with 11 flutes and NOT offer early access pre-orders :emoji_bow:

Can we pre-order the flute library in order to get early access even to unfinished product. I mean come on. COME ON. One doesn't simply say the V-series is coming out with 11 flutes and NOT offer early access pre-orders :emoji_bow:
I simply cannot, cannot, wait to mock this up with the flutes. @AcousticsampleS will the flutes be able to handle this kind of virtuosity?

I simply cannot, cannot, wait to mock this up with the flutes. @AcousticsampleS will the flutes be able to handle this kind of virtuosity?

It's a funny coincidence, I recently created a flute using Outersect Modeler (a physical modeling synth), and I took up this theme by also abusing the overblow.
But more seriously, I don't know if VWinds does it with its hybrid part, but this kind of articulation would be useful in certain kinds of music.

It's a funny coincidence, I recently created a flute using Outersect Modeler (a physical modeling synth), and I took up this theme by also abusing the overblow.
But more seriously, I don't know if VWinds does it with its hybrid part, but this kind of articulation would be useful in certain kinds of music.
Wait mate, that sounds fantastic! Is it something you're selling or sharing? Done any other instruments with that modeler?

Wait mate, that sounds fantastic! Is it something you're selling or sharing? Done any other instruments with that modeler?
I just did an experiment with the Outersect Modeler demo, to see what this plugin has in store.
I tried to make a brass instrument with it, but I haven't had a satisfactory result yet.
My flute file is available here:

Favorite Physical Modeling VSTi in 2021... and Beyond!

(End of topic)

Seriously Accoustic Samples. I have spent years building my sound libraries to where they are. And honestly there isn't much left for me to look for except for the definitive flute library. I'm literally just waiting on you guys. Please... I usually don't beg like this but... 😂

Top Bottom