What's new

A way to patch rename many samples of a library?

Code:
expr_1 = "koko"
expr_2 = "nn"

for _,g in pairs(instrument.groups) do

g.name = g.name:gsub("SAX","SAX SAX")

print(g.name)
    for n,z in pairs(g.zones) do

z.file = string.gsub(z.file,expr_1,expr_2)   

print(z.file) 
    end
end

i found that any changes to groups or any internal parametrs is possible
while you can,t apply the renaming to zones

An example to rename the samples in group 0, changing all "-D.wav" to "-C.wav"

g = instrument.groups[0] for j, z in pairs(g.zones) do z.file = z.file:gsub('-D.wav', '-C.wav') end

Note. This doesn't change the files on disk, it changes the filenames within the zones, ie. what they are looking for. You need to duplicate your rename with a file renamer on disk to match.

Last edited:
Chicken Systems’ Instrument Manager can do this, as well as a bunch of other deep housekeeping chores like relinking samples, etc.

I once had some strange bugs in some Logic EXS instruments, and it turned out there were some weird characters in file names from being converted through different formats over the years (AKAI, Roland) - and Instrument Manager fixed it all for me.

I also wanted to clean up some of my commercial libraries and rename a bunch of samples/instruments, and this did the job.

Garth is definitely a PC guy but he knows some really deep-level Mac stuff too, and every time I’ve run into an issue, he has come to the rescue with a custom build that fixes the problem.

Highly recommended.

An example to rename the samples in group 0, changing all "-D.wav" to "-C.wav"

g = instrument.groups[0] for j, z in pairs(g.zones) do z.file = z.file:gsub('-D.wav', '-C.wav') end

Note. This doesn't change the files on disk, it changes the filenames within the zones, ie. what they are looking for. You need to duplicate your rename with a file renamer on disk to match.
yes, but it is a hard work.

Chicken Systems’ Instrument Manager can do this, as well as a bunch of other deep housekeeping chores like relinking samples, etc.

I once had some strange bugs in some Logic EXS instruments, and it turned out there were some weird characters in file names from being converted through different formats over the years (AKAI, Roland) - and Instrument Manager fixed it all for me.

I also wanted to clean up some of my commercial libraries and rename a bunch of samples/instruments, and this did the job.

Garth is definitely a PC guy but he knows some really deep-level Mac stuff too, and every time I’ve run into an issue, he has come to the rescue with a custom build that fixes the problem.

Highly recommended.
both of Chicken Systems’ programs are not working with kontakt 6 and also fill with bugs.

both of Chicken Systems’ programs are not working with kontakt 6 and also fill with bugs.
Interesting - it worked for me last time I used it (back in January) for developing some of my commercial Kontakt libraries. I suppose it depends what you’re trying to do, but anytime I’ve had an issue, Garth has usually fixed it within 24 hours.

Top Bottom