What's new

A Question about HOOPUS

It will just do a 'replace' of those samples with the newly unpacked ones automatically - you won't have duplicate files taking up more space

Ok. Thank you very much. I thought those libraries were loading by mistake, so I stopped them. My internet connection is slow as it is. :emoji_clap:

Just to add to this…been using HOOPUS for a long time, downloaded 3 times in the past. No reason given but sometimes it does not download all the samples even if it says so. It does have an option on the cog-wheel to download missing samples, can’t remember exact wording.

Anything under 944 GB is a download that is incomplete.

Just to add to this…been using HOOPUS for a long time, downloaded 3 times in the past. No reason given but sometimes it does not download all the samples even if it says so. It does have an option on the cog-wheel to download missing samples, can’t remember exact wording.

Anything under 944 GB is a download that is incomplete.
Not entirely true/precise - Mac it's just under 944GB (I have it at 940.04 GB), but windows catalogues files smaller than mac, so on windows it's ~878.5 GB

Hi there, welp, I'm mostly done with the downloading, or so I thought.
When I load an instrument and play a note, I'm prompted to further download and install the samples for that particular instrument.
Is this normal? Nowhere have I seen this mentioned. The same thing happens when I try to access various mic positions.

Thanks,
Glenn
Yes, welcome to the world of non kontakt samplers where everything just sucks a little bit more. East west already has like 20 years at it, so I’m sure they’ll soon fix stuff. ;)

Great library but I have the same issue. It’s like buying a used car that every so often has issues but can still run.
i
just download the samples it’s asking. The message goes away until I load another patch and also asks to download other samples that are missing. And round it does like a game of wacamole even if Ive download the ful library twice.
since its just a few seconds each time its not biggie. But Enough time to do memes about how much non kontakt samplers suck, which the thread got
Deleted by mods but it was funny.

After the brass downloaded last night, I played with it for an hour, or so. The volume of the samples and configurations are not consistent, and switching to 'Epic' in some instruments causes an actual reduction in volume. However, my first impressions are positive. Downloading woodwinds since last night until around 10 tonight.

Further: the plugin kept crashing Logic 10.7.7. Tried the usual remedies but nothing worked. Then I decided to update to Sonoma and Logic 10.8.1. Works flawlessly, now. It also works on LP11.

Top Bottom