What's new

A Question about HOOPUS

Glenn F.

Hi there, welp, I'm mostly done with the downloading, or so I thought.
When I load an instrument and play a note, I'm prompted to further download and install the samples for that particular instrument.
Is this normal? Nowhere have I seen this mentioned. The same thing happens when I try to access various mic positions.

Thanks,
Glenn

Weird, seems like you are missing files. Did you check the sizes of the library to see if they match what they should be? Sounds like something in the download got messed up somehow.

If you go into your EastWest folder and go into the HOOPUS you should find each individual library, just right click, go under properties, and check the size. For example my brass library is 188gb, yours should be about that size.

Hi there, welp, I'm mostly done with the downloading, or so I thought.
When I load an instrument and play a note, I'm prompted to further download and install the samples for that particular instrument.
Is this normal? Nowhere have I seen this mentioned. The same thing happens when I try to access various mic positions.

Thanks,
Glenn
Hi Glenn,

check your preferences! Are you on SSD?

Attachments

• A Question about HOOPUS
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-02 um 13.33.52.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 8
  • A Question about HOOPUS
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-02 um 13.35.35.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi,
The brass section was only 53gb. I assume it gets larger as I open the articulations and mics.
In my prefs, the first one was set to ssd, the 2nd to hdd. I changed the second one.

HOOPUS is 944 GB (around 875 GB installed on my PC). The brass alone was 180 GB something, don't remember exactly but nowhere near 53 gigs. Did you download it as seperate instruments or as full sections through installation center? Cause if you did it as full sections you shouldn't have a problem.

Full sections. When I hit a note for an instrument the resource finder pops up asking me to download the articulations. It's being downloaded, not opened from my ssd, as it is interfering with the strings which I am currently downloading. First time I've experienced something weird like this.

Very strange. Everything I've read, including at LogicProHelp says APFS is the current standard format for Macs, now.

Very strange. Everything I've read, including at LogicProHelp says APFS is the current standard format for Macs, now.
This is true, and APFS is now recommended for all SSDs, as I understand it, but back in the day, APFS on external drives(SSDs not NVMes) was known to cause problems for some sample libraries. I don't recall the details, but all of my SSDs bought before 2022 are still formatted in the old MAC OS Extended (journaled) format because of that.

Sounds like you xed out the download of the base 'diamond' library that installs first when you go to download the full libraries, and then you only got the additional 'Opus Edition' content for the brass (which if you look in the samples folder would give you just the 2 Trumpets EXP, 2 Trombones, and some Solo Tuba samples).

If you're on a ComposerCloud Plus subscription, you could install Play
Mac - https://software.soundsonline.com/Products/PLAY/Play_6.1.9_Mac.zip
Win - https://software.soundsonline.com/Products/PLAY/Play_6.1.9_Win.zip

Then reopen the installation center and you'd see the separate 'Diamond' base libraries to download

If you have just the Hollywood Orchestra Opus edition license, reach out to their support and they can help you get it to where you can download the original libraries

Thank you. I think that is the problem. I would see 2 things downloading simultaneously, and I stopped the download of the Player versions. Who knew?

So, where do I point these libraries? Into the Opus Instrument folders, or on their own?
Thanks.
Sounds like you xed out the download of the base 'diamond' library that installs first when you go to download the full libraries, and then you only got the additional 'Opus Edition' content for the brass (which if you look in the samples folder would give you just the 2 Trumpets EXP, 2 Trombones, and some Solo Tuba samples).

If you're on a ComposerCloud Plus subscription, you could install Play
Mac - https://software.soundsonline.com/Products/PLAY/Play_6.1.9_Mac.zip
Win - https://software.soundsonline.com/Products/PLAY/Play_6.1.9_Win.zip

Then reopen the installation center and you'd see the separate 'Diamond' base libraries to download

If you have just the Hollywood Orchestra Opus edition license, reach out to their support and they can help you get it to where you can download the original libraries

They write into the same location - a main 'EW _______ Diamond' library folder. You would see the EW Installation Center download the DL#.zip files in whatever location you have set up as the 'default' install location, then when it enters the 'unpack' phase it will unzip those all and consolidate them into that main (in this case EW Hollywood Brass Diamond) folder and delete the .zip files as it goes along

Ok. What about the samples I've downloaded in the resource finder? Will I have doubles?

Top Bottom