What's new

A Hive 2.1 update is "imminent"

U-he updates are typically great updates and rock solid,the icing on the cake is this moves us one step closer to Z3 👍

I'm so hyped about Zebra 3. I've been waiting a decade for it.

I'd be happy with just a newer UI, new effects, and being able to modulate everything (some stuff in Zebra 2 can be modulated but generates a sort of zippy sound). Most likely we will be blown away by the sound though considering everything Urs has learned with Diva, Repro, and Hive.

Is there any info on what the Hive update contains? Is it just bug fixes or are there new features coming?

It wouldn’t be U-he and it wouldn’t be a.1 update if something new isn’t part of this.
If it was simply a bug fix it wouldn’t going into beta and it wouldn’t be a .1 update.

Last edited:
Is there any info on what the Hive update contains? Is it just bug fixes or are there new features coming?
Urs mentioned (last year I think?) that some new Hive features were made for someone working on a big film. Apparently the delay of the film also delayed the release of these new features.

We'll se if these land on 2.1 or not but, like @kgdrum mentioned, I also expect this to be more than bugfixes.

Urs mentioned (last year I think?) that some new Hive features were made for someone working on a big film. Apparently the delay of the film also delayed the release of these new features.

We'll se if these land on 2.1 or not but, like @kgdrum mentioned, I also expect this to be more than bugfixes.
Could that be the new Bond movie? Score by Hans

May be crazy, but I swear that Ludwig must have used Hive on Tenet. Some of those synth sounds really sound like Hive to me. In particular, that "Posterity" synth sound is very easy to recreate using the shape sequencer.

Top Bottom