What's new

[A Duet With the Maestro Himself!] The Joshua Bell Violin (Developer’s Thread)

Excellent..... BTW what's going on with the intimate strings series, its been a while
check their recent anouncement...

Can you try this— bring back the original instrument/NKIs if you can, along with the Instruments folder. I wonder if NKS is relying on the same exact filenames and folder structure as the 1.0. In my tests, komplete kontrol is able to load the 1.1 updated NKIs.

Send us a message if you want to dig into it more! [email protected]
Thanks, I just sent you an email.

Hello VI-C friends and Happy Friday!

We're reviving this thread to share a little collaboration we did with the maestro himself... a short excerpt from Bach's famous Double Violin Concerto. The Maestro plays the Vln 1 part, with Embertone on Vln 2. We hope you enjoy as much as we did!

Have a great weekend <3,

-Embertone Team

Very impressive and they blend amazingly well. However, why did you transpose the D minor Duet to A minor? Also, can you explain how you did the synchronized recording or did you both play together in real time?

Last edited:
It's always a great day when Embertone checks in, and this is really stunningly beautiful! I'd love to hear/see more about how you made the recording.

Very impressive and they blend amazingly well. However, why did you transpose the D minor Duet to A minor? Also, can you explain how you did the synchronized recording or did you both play together in real time?

This video begins at the second ritornello of the piece, bar 46 (https://ks.imslp.net/files/imglnks/usimg/6/6c/IMSLP02300-Bach_-_BGA_-_BWV_1043.pdf (score is here at IMSLP)), which is a statement in the dominant, A minor.

This video begins at the second ritornello of the piece, bar 46 (https://ks.imslp.net/files/imglnks/usimg/6/6c/IMSLP02300-Bach_-_BGA_-_BWV_1043.pdf (score is here at IMSLP)), which is a statement in the dominant, A minor.
Thanks for pointing that out, and now it makes a bit more sense. Still, I wonder why they started there?

I too would love to hear more details about this amazing collaboration.

btw, @Embertone - you do know that Joshua Bell has done masterclasses for kids with Yo-Yo Ma right? So they know each other. Maybe Yo-Yo Ma would be willing to do a sample session as well? It wouldn't hurt to ask right?

It was a fun project! To answer your questions:

(1) We wanted to choose a 1-2 minute segment of this piece, one that has a nice amount of back and forth between Vln 1 and Vln 2. From browsing the score, the segment we chose has more of that kind of "action" than the beginning of the piece.

(2) Joshua recorded his part first, then sent us a video of the performance!

(3) RE: Yo-Yo Ma, that would also be a fun project, yeah!

-Alex

Top Bottom