What's new

93% OFF: Ultimate Sound Designers Toolkit - Must Have - No Brainer!

APD

INSANE STEAL!

For just $99.99, get the massive 15GB+ Sound Designer Toolkit 1, 2 & 3 by Sound Ideas. This is truly an essential “Must-have” for any musician and sound designer. The scope of sounds offered is so diverse that for $99 you are getting the holy grail of cinematic sound design.

The sounds included are great to fuse as musical elements in any production. Originally $1485, now available for just $99.99 for a limited time only (you save a whopping $1385). You don’t want to miss this!

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals
Deal expires: Wednesday, January 23rd at midnight (EST)

This Collection Includes
  • Logos & Accents, Stingers, Dramatic & Mood Sweeteners
  • The Mystical & Magical, Tones & Drones, Transitions & Movements
  • Musical Elements, Ambience, Eerie & Suspenseful Elements
  • Alien, Monster & Entity Vocals, Robots, Whooshes
  • Build Ups & Risers, Explosions, Impacts
  • Pass Bys, Reverses and Alien, Monster & Entity Vocals

Key Features
  • 4,797 Royalty Free Production Elements
  • Available as a Download
  • 24/48 k broadcast wav files
Click here to learn more

Well worth it, imo. While the 20% or so of musical stuff isn't of much interest (ironically), there's a ton of good stuff there especially in volumes 1 and 2. Volume three is more packed with woofy / wooly sound electronic designed rumphs, and I'm pretty well covered there, but the other two have a surprisingly broad variety of tasty things that focus more on real / organic elements

One other heads up - the file naming of volumes 1 and 2 is pretty rubbish, but there are some obscure tags (Original Album as I recall) that can be used to generate proper intelligible names. I used a terrific free app called Tag Scanner for this, which is highly recommended.

I used a terrific free app called Tag Scanner for this, which is highly recommended.
It should be noted though that Tag Scanner is PC only and not available for Mac users. Perhaps someone knows of a similar program for that platform?

Two major problems with many sound effect libraries are finding what I want... and the time it takes to find it. Some libraries come with detailed lists, and some rely on file names to describe the content. And then one must decide which library one should choose to search first, especially when one has several major ones. Can't begin to describe how much time I've spent searching in the past. Therefore, finding a sound quickly has becomes a priority for me. Hopefully the developers of this collection have considered these types of concerns? But Guy's mention of "obscure tags" isn't reassuring. Just some thoughts as I consider a purchase.

Hi Frank - I'm sure there are free Mac apps that do a good job, try some out with the libraries you have. In this case, one of the fields with info was OrigAlbum - I think that was the CD/track number, the other was Comments which I think was a good description. Heavens only knows why those two fields, the other more commonly used ones were either useless or blank. But between them, those two were basically perfect - you always need a specific number for each one or you run the risk of stuffing up because of duplicates.

It is part of the unknown usually when buying SFX libraries as to what state the naming is in, I completely agree its very important. I must be very odd though, once I crack the naming thing of any given library I get a real kick out of it, transforming gibberish into something clear and useful is oddly satisfying.

Many thanks, Guy. I know how much you like Tag Scanner so will definitely seek a Mac alternative.

Found the following possibilities for tag scanning apps for Mac users, and am posting the link here so others may benefit. Personally I'll need to check some of them out first though.

https://alternativeto.net/software/tagscanner/?platform=mac
If anyone knows of others, please let us know.

Last edited:
Here's a video meant for Soundminer users but you should be able to adapt it to some of the other search engines like Basehead.
I use a couple of apps like Audiofinder and Snapper to search through my folders I've set up but one of these days I'll pick up the base version of Basehead.

Duh,..
Instead of Soundminer/Basehead, I'm going to use my free Soundly app (which I never used after registering and installing it a long, long time ago) as suggested on the review from Sample Library Review.
https://getsoundly.com/

Yes, well $399 US for programs like Basehead wasn't really what I had in mind either when Guy and I discussed Tag Scanner alternatives. :) Wouldn't it be great if companies like Sound Ideas actually provided software similar to Tag Scanner with their libraries?

PS: I noted the following re. Soundly
Free:
  • Access to 400+ sound effects in the Soundly-cloud.
  • Soundly can index 2,500 local sound effects (on your computer, external storage device or local network).
  • No Shop add-ons.
So unfortunately "2500 local sound effects" wouldn't even cover one of my larger libraries.

Last edited:
Top Bottom