What's new

8dio is actually having a sale!

Silly question, but how is Requiem different from Lacrimosa? Curious to know what hole the different libraries fill. I have Lacrimosa + Liberis, but curious about Requiem. Never really looked into it before.

Thanks!

Requiem is a smaller choral group and also has solo singers (not sure how usable these are as "soloists"). Not sure what the differences are in terms of articulations.

Thank you. I found that I could do surprisingly 'smaller' stuff with Lacrimosa too. But these choirs from 8dio so far have been good quality at that price, so I'm now tempted.

Again!

Although, this time a pretty good one. Lacrimosa and Requiem for $149 together.

(broken link removed)

I've been on the fence for a dedicated choir library for some time...here's two for the price of 1/4th...
Seems like everyone has their favorite, and I've had Dominus at the top of my list to purchase, but The Epic bundle from 8DIO got there first with their very nice sale. Can't wait to play :D

Edited Dominus

Last edited:
Silly question, but how is Requiem different from Lacrimosa? Curious to know what hole the different libraries fill. I have Lacrimosa + Liberis, but curious about Requiem. Never really looked into it before.

Thanks!
I also have Liberis and Lacrimosa. Just watched 2 walkthroughs. So there seem to more powers to the solo vocals. But: Requiem seems not to differ that much considering the dynamics. So it's also more for the loud stuff it seems. Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong. Just my impression from the videos.

Don't they also have a library called Insolidus? That one never seems to go on sale. Not sure why.

But yes, any other differentiators between Lacrimosa and Requiem would be hugely appreciated.

Seems like everyone has their favorite, and I've had Dominus at the top of my list to purchase, but The Epic bundle from 8DIO got there first with their very nice sale. Can't wait to play :D

Edited Dominus

I'm also hoping on Dominus, already having the Arks choirs. Insolidus might be an option if a sale comes along.

How do these compare to Oceania? More versatile, but not really necessary? Just a different flavor of loud choirs?

Would you bother getting either of these if you already had Oceania?

Don't they also have a library called Insolidus? That one never seems to go on sale. Not sure why.

But yes, any other differentiators between Lacrimosa and Requiem would be hugely appreciated.
Yes it did, because I have that one too. I got it some time last year. Just not Silka. Silka hasn't been on sale yet. And I think this may be the first time Requiem has been on sale.

Requiem is a very good library, but there are more-expensive-but-totally-worth-it alternatives that I like better like Strezov, EW.

Top Bottom