What's new

77% off Sample Logic XOSPHERE 2

Would it be worth getting both? Presumably you could get both for 90 dollars if you get 3x 50 vouchers from and right?

Or will xosphere 2 have more than enough content to play with?

Last edited:
Would it be worth getting both? Presumably you could get both for 90 dollars if you get 3x 50 vouchers from and right?

Or will xosphere 2 have more than enough content to play with?
I don't think you can spend more than one voucher at a time in a single transaction, although I might be wrong. Has anyone tried this?

Fleer, you are commenting on this thread too, every enthusiastically about SampleLogig / APD, those being of course related companies. Perhaps, here too, APD and Fleer can comment on their relationship so as to avoid the appearance of manipulating the forum by using connected accounts which do not make their connections clear.

Only one Fleer and very much a free man. Loving APD and VSTBuzz as they save me a lot of money. Since five years I have been buying) quality sample library from developers like SampleLogic, Heavyocity, Output, OrchestralTools, EastWest, Spitfire, CineSamples, SoundIron, Toontrack, 8Dio, SonicCouture, Embertone, BigFishAudio and Native Instruments, some of my favorites. So when there’s a special deal I’m quite happy. Hope this helps.

How’s the CPU hit with XOSPHERE 2? I have Gamelan which has a similar 4-layer sound source setup and it can be tough on my i5 3.2GHz

Tempted by this, but im wondering if i should save up and get Omnisphere 2 instead.

Would it be the consensus that, Omnisphere 2 is the better tool overall?

I dont have Omnisphere but I think they cant really be compard cause Omnisphere is a workstation for nearly evrything while Xosphere/Xosphere 2 is really specialized in athmosphere design.

I must say I have only played around with version 2 for some hours while having version 1 for a long time and regularly using. What makes version 2 absolute great for me is how easy it is to use and so far not more heavy on cpu/ram (jnbeez :) ) then version 1. I was just playing round with one preset only following the great "in depth" review from reuben which could be used as kind of tutorial and it is really so easy to adept the existing presets to you own wishes this is really the main devellopment from version 1 to version 2 for me. Xosphere 1 is not bad but not that straighforward-easy like version 2. And I have not even touched the randomn buttons which surely will add lot more of fun to it :).

Longtime Omni User and not chops to do what I see in Xosphere 2 videos. Tons of 3rd Pty Omni libs and many with strong Multis.
At $350. would struggle more to learn with Omni 2.6.
At $80. seems like much easier to produce excellent atmos, and hopefully still learn more about doing similar work in Omni.

Not much help, but likely to add Xosphere 2. :barefoot:

+1
Xosphere2 is pretty, pretty good. But if you've got the funds for Omnisphere2 I would definitely get that (too). It's simply worth it, a behemoth, a classic. Try to get Omni2 when there's a 15% off coupon at Sweetwater or Musician's Friend.

I would like to here from someone who has used both Xosphere1 and 2 and can compare them in terms of the styles/moods/genres they are good at. Can they be differentiated in that way, or is the second volume more (and possibly better) material for use in the same dramatic and musical situations? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
rrichard63: I think that would take long time to compare cause of that many presets in both. But what could be said is that the structure of the presetsystem is totally different. While in Xosphere 1 you have themed directories with (in my opinion) very well named presets:
upload_2019-6-21_7-53-26.png
in Xosphere 2 you have an "open" system where you can choose different tags to search for presets so it will be hard to compare I think. If you know exactly what you are looking for I am sure the new system will be faster and is of course much more flexibel, on the other hand I love the system in 1 for getting inspiration.

I actually did a leisurely able through both XOSPHERE and XOSPHERE 2 on the Samplecast YouTube channel. The videos are pretty long but feel free to have a skip through as I play through lots of the sounds and cover the interfaces in plenty of detail.

... the structure of the preset system is totally different ...
This explanation is very helpful. Thank you. Listening to various demos leads me to believe that the samples cover very similar ground thematically. That suggests to me that I can economize by getting Volume 2 by itself.

Top Bottom