What's new

53 Strings Sample Library Long Patches Compared

Another thing: Epic Strings is a MUST. No matter what genre you work in. It’s surprising time to time. Thanks to Spitfire. I guess even Spitfire didn’t predict this. I recommend that to every one who wanna use strings. Don’t complete your library without it.

Would they still apply if you have Albion One (newest, not the legacy version)?

I guess you know Epic’s Free for the Legacy users right? So there’s the answer.
Not quite the answer, sorry! I know Epic Strings are based on the legacy strings, and that Albion One has some legacy content but that's just the shorts and not the longs for the string section. Albion One owners didn't get Epic Strings for free, only Albion (legacy) owners did. A lot of people say they prefer the legacy strings over the treatment for the ones in One (legacy being less processed I think), so I was wondering whether Epic Strings stick more to what people loved about legacy, or if they'd been tweaked and sound more like One and would therefore be redundant if you had One.

Epic is pretty much Legacy, I think some tweaks were made to the engine/script, but sounds are from Legacy.
Compared to One, its more organic, has better separation between players (which I assume comes from smaller orchestra and /or closer micing), its attack is gradual (so more symphonic like) where as One is more like Ark 1 (127 from the get go).
One also doesn't have the dynamic range of Epic/Legacy, its really like Ark 1, no soft layer at all.

All that doesn't mean that one (for lack of better word) is better than the other, they are simply different animals.

What I think most ppl are more aware of at first listen and don't like in One is the default mic, the tree, which for some reason (or reasons: bigger orchestra, mic position, mic type, reflectors positions... or lack of) contribute to a sound that is very homogeneous, you don't really hear the players... so it gives a feel like its a bit like a pad (what ppl call processed), which is something you can't fix with an eq.
On the other hand the other mics are fine, you can blend in the close mic with the tree, or ditch the tree totally and use close and ambient and outriggers to get the "players" back into the "orchestra" :)

That won't change the dna of One, which is actually way more epic then Epic :grin:

Epic is pretty much Legacy, I think some tweaks were made to the engine/script, but sounds are from Legacy.
Compared to One, its more organic, has better separation between players (which I assume comes from smaller orchestra and /or closer micing), its attack is gradual (so more symphonic like) where as One is more like Ark 1 (127 from the get go).
One also doesn't have the dynamic range of Epic/Legacy, its really like Ark 1, no soft layer at all.

All that doesn't mean that one (for lack of better word) is better than the other, they are simply different animals.

What I think most ppl are more aware of at first listen and don't like in One is the default mic, the tree, which for some reason (or reasons: bigger orchestra, mic position, mic type, reflectors positions... or lack of) contribute to a sound that is very homogeneous, you don't really hear the players... so it gives a feel like its a bit like a pad (what ppl call processed), which is something you can't fix with an eq.
On the other hand the other mics are fine, you can blend in the close mic with the tree, or ditch the tree totally and use close and ambient and outriggers to get the "players" back into the "orchestra" :)

That won't change the dna of One, which is actually way more epic then Epic :grin:

Do you know the number of players in SF Epic Strings?

Thanks Hendrixon, that's a good explanation. Good tip about moving away from the tree mic in Albion One too, I've been lazy and just left it at the default tree for most things.

Not quite the answer, sorry! I know Epic Strings are based on the legacy strings, and that Albion One has some legacy content but that's just the shorts and not the longs for the string section. Albion One owners didn't get Epic Strings for free, only Albion (legacy) owners did. A lot of people say they prefer the legacy strings over the treatment for the ones in One (legacy being less processed I think), so I was wondering whether Epic Strings stick more to what people loved about legacy, or if they'd been tweaked and sound more like One and would therefore be redundant if you had One.

I don’t own Albion One & May be it’s got the Legacy content. What I meant was the Albion Legacy owners were given Epic Strings for free, by Spitfire. Apart from that, yea, I don’t know the new, moderated version One got it or not. I don’t think they have & that’s why they didn’t get it, from what have heard. But yea, Epic’s a must.

Thanks. Good explanation.

Top Bottom