What's new

[%40 OFF] AVA - INSTINCT Trailer Sound Effects (20 Free Sounds)

karelpsota

send nudes
Ladies and gents,

I've been really focused on sound design and mixing this past year. I essentially limited my workflow to only one rule: "don't use any samples you can't record yourself".

It was a tough challenge. Although I wrote less tracks, this forced me to dissect what made whooshes/hits/risers sound "pro".

After a lot of referencing (and frustration), I was lucky enough to see my sound design land in trailers like: Pan, San Andreas, Pixel, Ghost Buster, Power Rangers, Fantastic Beats, Justice League and Spider-Man Homecoming. That motivated me to push sound design even further.

As of today, I kind of forgot how to write music, but I have a huge amount of custom samples.

So... I've decided to share my first commercial sound design library!
Freshly crafted with some friends in Detroit: we recorded 2000+ raw sounds, processed them down to 300, and picked the 100 best.

You can grab the 20 Free Samples here

Or get the Full Pack (broken link removed) (-40% now $59)​

Full pack includes
- Hits
- Sub Hits
- Braaams
- Downers
- Risers
- Whooshbangs
- Drones
- Loops

Specs:
.wav
24-bit
608 mb total
Kontakt 5.5+ retail version

(note: Strings and piano in the video are not included in the library).

EDIT: Added walkthrough video.

EDIT 2: Added file size, Whoosh video and -40% sale price.

Last edited:
Sounds good! But all I could think about while watching this was all the mercury vapor you inhaled by breaking those fluorescent tubes! :geek:

Sounds good! But all I could think about while watching this was all the mercury vapor you inhaled by breaking those fluorescent tubes! :geek:

Oh man... that was the smell?

I guess there's thing we do for love... (or simply out of ignorance :crying: )

Such a cool sound though.

Great sounds and a powerful trailer!

Since the free sounds are restricted (no commercial usage), could you clarify usage rights for the full library?

Thanks.

Great sounds and a powerful trailer!

Since the free sounds are restricted (no commercial usage), could you clarify usage rights for the full library?

Thanks.

Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know my partners wrote that in the folder. We'll rewrite something more clear.

It should be:
- You can use the sounds commercially in your music and videos.
- You cannot sell the sounds individually or in pack.

Sorry about that ;)

Last edited:
I really liked what I heard so I took the bite without waiting for the walkthrough video. I can say and I am not affiliated with them that is one heck of a nice library. Strong and pristine sounds and very usable. You can hear the dedication these guys had when they made it.
I wrote as I normally always do with a library a quick demo for myself to test it and here is a quick demo for this library. No additional sounds are used in this demo, just stuff from Instinct.

I used the impacts, wooshes, risers, downers, played with the braams in a creative way to create a pulse and used the pitch shift option to make it fit and also used one of the drone sounds with the rhythmic engine to create that quick bell like sound towards the end. Lots of options here and nice and clear design and what you hear is just a fraction of what is possible.

Last edited:
Karel's a good friend of mine. I'm using a bunch of his samples on a current score of mine and they're INTEGRAL to it. Seriously amazing stuff, especially for huge punchy in-your-face stuff.

Registered twice but didn't get the link to the free sounds.. anything I should be going? thanks.

Registered twice but didn't get the link to the free sounds.. anything I should be going? thanks.

Did you confirm the subscription to the mailing list? If you do that and click if I remember correctly the "subscribe me to the list" button, you will be redirected to a new page and you can get a sort of thank you message and a link to download the freebies.
I did this also before I purchased the product.

And having it now a few days I can say it is really a nice product (thanks Karel!). I had a few briefs going on and integrated it immediately in projects and it works very well. The hits are really in your face, but still sit really well in the mix. They have their own sound and distinguish themselves from the other hard hitting libraries out there, but you can here it is created by someone who knows how this stuff should sound.
Also found good use for the drones and braams and the fact that you can fiddle around with them makes them very usable for not just the "braam" or "drone" effect. Happy customer here.

Did you confirm the subscription to the mailing list? If you do that and click if I remember correctly the "subscribe me to the list" button, you will be redirected to a new page and you can get a sort of thank you message and a link to download the freebies.
I did this also before I purchased the product.

And having it now a few days I can say it is really a nice product (thanks Karel!). I had a few briefs going on and integrated it immediately in projects and it works very well. The hits are really in your face, but still sit really well in the mix. They have their own sound and distinguish themselves from the other hard hitting libraries out there, but you can here it is created by someone who knows how this stuff should sound.
Also found good use for the drones and braams and the fact that you can fiddle around with them makes them very usable for not just the "braam" or "drone" effect. Happy customer here.
Yes. missed the link there.. thanks.

I'm sure most of you know how to install Kontakt libraries, but I got a few questions from some customers.
(Its a bit tricky since its not "Native Instruments Certified")

Its also a helpful video if you're not familiar with Quickload or was wondering what formats are accessible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom