What's new

2CAudio Releases Breeze 2.0, Perfect Storm 3.0 & New Expansions

Andrew Souter

03/01/2018: 2CAUDIO RELEASES BREEZE 2.0, PERFECT STORM 3.0, & NEW EXPANSIONS

Breeze2_Home.png

PerfectStorm300.png

Breeze 2.0 is the first member of the next generation of our award-winning reverb family. We believe it is one of our best efforts to date! Not only does it sound absolutely sublime, but it is also now one of the most efficient reverbs on the market. It's more than twice as light, twice as pristine, simpler, prettier, and vastly more powerful. It's simply better. Over 800 new presets for Breeze 2.0 are also now available to help you get the most out of it, and we have updated our Perfect Storm Pack to 3.0 to include Breeze 2.0 and the new expansions.

Perfect Storm 3.0 is a bundle of all 2CAudio reverb and spatial-FX plug-ins (Breeze 2, Aether & B2) and associated preset expansions, which all together total approximately 4,000 presets! The change from Perfect Storm 2.5 is the addition of Breeze 2.0 and three new expansion packs.

2CAudio - Breeze | Simple. Light. Pristine.
2CAudio - The Perfect Storm
2CAudio - Breeze Expansions | Simplicity Simplified

OSX DEMO:
https://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/products/breeze/2C_Breeze_2_0_3_OSX_Demo.zip

WIN DEMO:
https://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/products/breeze/2C_Breeze_2_0_3_Win_Demo.zip

PRESET EXPANSIONS DEMO:
https://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/products/breezeexpansions/Breeze_Preset_Expansions_Demo.zip

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY

Breeze 2.0 supports 64-bit VST, AU, and AAX formats on Win 7/8/10 and OSX where available. 32-bit formats are available on Win 8/10.

Introductory Price (valid through 03/31/2018)
Breeze: $99.95
Breeze Pack: $124.95
One Expansion: $24.95
All Expansions: $49.95
Perfect Storm 3.0: $399.95

Full Price (after 03/31/2018)
Breeze: $124.95
Breeze Pack: $149.95
One Expansion: $24.95
All Expansions: $69.95
Perfect Storm 3.0: $499.95

Additional Upgrade and Crossgrade discounts are available for existing customers as well.

A special "2CAudio Everything Bundle" is also available during the introductory period and adds Kaleidoscope and associated content to Perfect Storm 3.0, thus providing literally Everything 2CAudio offers at one great price.

Order Links:
Breeze: https://www.designersound.com/breeze/222-breeze-20.html
Breeze Pack: https://www.designersound.com/breeze/225-breeze-20-pack.html
One Expansion: https://www.designersound.com/66-breeze-expansions
All Expansions: https://www.designersound.com/228-breeze-expansions-pack.html
Perfect Storm 3.0: https://www.designersound.com/bundles/223-perfect-storm-30-pack.html
Everything: https://www.designersound.com/bundles/221-big-splash-everything-pack.html

WHAT'S NEW?

Almost everything. Our existing algorithms were rebuilt completely from the ground up. Of course we kept the best parts of our original design, but we effectively rethought everything:

• Extreme gains in performance and efficiency
• One of the fastest, most efficient reverbs on the market
• The renown 2CAudio sound without the CPU usage
• Over twice as fast as Breeze 1 on average, often significantly more
• Render entire songs in seconds
• Load hundreds of simultaneous instances on modern CPUs
• The first pro-audio software on the market to offer AVX-512 optimization for bleeding-edge hardware

• 12 Algorithm Modes
• 9 completely new modes unlike other 2CAudio reverbs
• Ultra dense Chamber and Plate modes
• Slow building Hall modes
• Colored modes for interesting spectral effects
• 3 Classic modes that have been significantly improved

• 2 new Modulation Modes producing absolutely stunning results
• The most pristine tech specs on the market -- no artifacts
• Pitch modulation as well as more subtle modulation

• 12 Damp and EQ filter types
• 8 completely new to Breeze
• All enhanced beyond our previous designs

• Alg Randomization Button
• Generate literally infinite variations of a single preset with one click

• Interactive Frequency Display
• Ultra intuitive adjustment of filter parameters using X-Y mouse action
• Double-size Freq Zoom View for fine tuning and numeric entry
• More power and greater diversity for advanced users and designers

• Time Display
• Displays information about the characteristics of first 300ms
• Differentiates different preset types with clear visual aide
• Double-size Time Zoom View for extra detail and control

• Even More Pristine Sound
• Completely 64-bit double-precision process end-to-end
• Noise-floors approaching -300dB

• Absolutely zero Latency
• Early energy can start exactly at zero samples
• Incredible sense of 3D spatial impression
• Intimate ambiences

• Completely 100% procedural GUI
• Ultra fast plug-in load times even at huge GUI sizes
• No wasted disk space
• Perfectly crisp and anti-aliased images and text

• Resizable GUI
• 10 different GUI sizes from the original small size to 4K
• Support of High DPI Screens

• Advanced color preferences system
• Customize the look and feel of the GUI
• Change your vibe, get inspired
• Dark and Light GUI themes

What's not new? Everything that made Breeze 1.0 so widely loved, including access to its original sound, the price, and most importantly its simplicity. Breeze remains true to its own product identity: Simple. Light. Pristine. Happily Breeze 2.0 is all of these things and much more. It is truly the state of our art, and rather epic start of the next generation of our reverbs.

PRESET EXPANSIONS

Three new world-class Preset Expansions created by industry veterans have also been developed specifically for Breeze 2. They can be purchased solo, as a pack, or together with Breeze for maximum savings.

https://www.2caudio.com/products/breezeexpansions
https://www.designersound.com/breeze-expansions/228-breeze-expansions-pack.html
https://www.designersound.com/breeze/225-breeze-20-pack.html

Glacier Breeze Expansion: https://www.designersound.com/breeze-expansions/226-glacier-breeze-expansion.html
• Created by renown artist, composer, and sound-designer Simon Stockhausen, founder of Patchpool.net
• 200 cinematic, thematic, and huge ambient presets perfect for scoring work

Spatial Creatives Expansion: https://www.designersound.com/breeze-expansions/227-breeze-spatial-creatives-expansion.html
• Created by veteran sound-designer Andrew Schlesinger whose previous work includes presets for Lexicon, TC Electronics, Yamaha, Sony, Eventide, Roland, Korg, Kurzweil, Emu, Alesis, and Casio and other hardware legends
• 200 hyper-real, imagined and creative spaces for use in all forms of rock, post rock, synth pop, and contemporary electronic music production

Simply Better Expansion: https://www.designersound.com/breeze-expansions/224-breeze-simply-better-expansion.html
• Created by Andrew Souter, Breeze 2.0's primary algorithm designer
• 260 presets focusing exclusively on using all of the extensive new 2.0 features to achieve results that were impossible to achieve previously with 1.0

2CAudio_Breeze2_Main_0.png

2CAudio_Breeze2_Main_1.png

2CAudio_Breeze2_Freq_1.png

2CAudio_Breeze2_Time_1.png

Breeze2_LightGUI.png

2CAudio_Breeze2_Main_3.png

ADDITIONAL INFO FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS:

EXTRA PRESET EXPANSION GIFT FOR QUALIFYING PRE-RELEASE BETA CUSTOMERS

For qualifying(*) customers who were promised the "Simply Better Expansion" at no cost, we have decided to give you not only the promised “Simply Better Expansion”, but ALL 4 Breeze preset expansions. “Glacier Breeze” and “Spatial Creatives” were not planned back in December when we made the original offer, but have decided to give them to you anyway as a way of saying thanks for your support.

Add the Breeze Expansions Pack to your cart:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze-expansions/228-breeze-expansions-pack.html

Goto checkout. If you qualify(*) you should see a special voucher pop-up auto-magically and the price should be made $0.00. Confirm the order. Then goto "My Downloads" to download the expansions. That’s it.

Thanks again for helping us make Breeze 2 and all the rest of our products a success!

*QUALIFICATIONS:

A) You were a Perfect Storm 2.5 customer who upgraded to 3.0 via a Breeze 2.0 order during the Pre-Release.

B) You purchased one of the following during the Pre-Release:

B1) Breeze 2.0 Pack
B2) Perfect Storm 3.0
B3) Everything Promo Pack

If you believe you qualify, but the web store do not adjust the price for you, please email and we will look at your account.

PERFECT STORM 2.5 -> 3.0 UPGRADES:

If you are a Perfect Storm 2.5 customer or equivalent (meaning you have an order history that in one way or another ends up with you having Aether, B2, Breeze 1, and all the preset expansions for these), there is a Upgrade deal for you:

To upgrade from PS 2.5 to PS 3.0 please order this:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze/225-breeze-20-pack.html

Apply this voucher at checkout:

Upgrade_PerfectStorm3

You need to cut/paste this into the voucher field and then click the “OK” button.

It should update the price to $74.95.

This provides you with everything that you are missing from the PS 3.0 pack. You have everything else already from your previous orders.

Why are PS 3.0 upgrades done this way? (if you happen to be curious and like long explanations ;) )

Perfect Storm is simply a bundle of products of plus all associated preset expansions, with favorable pricing for the said bundle and potential discount rights to future products. In the new web store we call these bundles "Packs". When you order the new PS 3.0 Pack for example, the store just gives you all the products that make up the Pack, The products show up individually in /My Downloads/. Packs don't have SNs. Products do. The web store assigns one SN to each product that requires one. Legacy versions for each product are accessible as well.

If alternatively we were to give people a voucher to order the PS 3.0 pack at a discounted upgrade price, you would end up with duplicate SNs and duplicate listings of all the older products in /My Downloads/ That'd be a problem.

Also with having everything isolated, it is VERY simple for us to make fast updates to products like we did with Breeze 2.0, where we have 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2. 2.0.3 all within 45 days or so. To keep current in that flurry of activity all users had to do was to download a single 10mb or so file each time and install it. It should take less than 60sec in most cases. If it was the full PS bundle each time the download would be much bigger and it'd be a hassle for you, and it'd be a hassle for us to have to rebuild the full PS bundle each time. It would waste your time and ours.

So we have people with PS 2.5 just purchase what is missing when going to 3.0, which is namely Breeze 2 plus the Breeze 2 expansions, and we adjust the price accordingly. If there is another free update to Breeze 2, you only have to re-download Breeze 2 and nothing else. This is efficient for you. If we update only preset expansion, you only have to download the new expansion.

New download files are displayed in RED in My Downloads. So it is easy to identify what is new. Maybe we will make this even more obvious.

Regarding future benefits, if you have everything that is in PS 3.0, you are considered as PS 3.0 customer, and will get whatever future benefits become available as being a PS customer. This is already true for PS 2.5 also, since most PS customers first had Aether, then later added Breeze, then later added B2 etc.

The old store handled this differently bc we did not have a centralized "My Downloads" section. In the old store we had to force people to make a new order every time there was a minor maintainence update. Some update orders from the old store may have transferred differently than how we handle it now as explained above, and this may be somewhat confusing. Once we have all products updated so that the current version of all products is certain to have been handled from the new store, then perhaps we will look into cleaning up older orders.

Basically in summary, the new method is superior, and best for new customers, but transitioning orders done from the old store to the new one could be slightly confusing for Perfect Storm customers, we understand, hence the explanation.

Last edited:
As an owner of B2, what would the discount be on Perfect Storm 3? I didn’t notice it on your website.

Thanks! :)

As an owner of B2, what would the discount be on Perfect Storm 3? I didn’t notice it on your website.

Hi, thanks for the question. Please send us an email so we can take a look at your account and generate an appropriate offer.

Hey Andrew,
Just checking in - sent an email enquiry the other day from your website regarding getting perfect storm - but have not heard back yet.
Totally understand that at times of software release things go crazy, but also don't want to miss out on this / have it slide off my radar (which easily happens!)
Cheers, Brendan.

Hey Andrew,
Just checking in - sent an email enquiry the other day from your website regarding getting perfect storm - but have not heard back yet.
Totally understand that at times of software release things go crazy, but also don't want to miss out on this / have it slide off my radar (which easily happens!)
Cheers, Brendan.

Thanks for the question. Can you tell me a last name or part of an email address to search for, or just resend it again? I'm looking but i don't seem to find it and we have several customers named "Brendan"...

Hi Andrew, just downloaded the 2.0.3 version of Breeze 2, and redownloaded the "Simplicity" Expansion I previously had for Breeze 1.

I added the expansion into Breeze 2 and my preset folder now looks like this :

Capture.JPG

Could you please tell me if this looks correct to you ? Also, what is the difference between "F1 Factory Current" and "New 2.0 Factory" ?

Kind regards,

Emmanuel

whitewasteland said:
Could you please tell me if this looks correct to you ? Also, what is the difference between "F1 Factory Current" and "New 2.0 Factory" ?
l

Hi,

We decided to change the Factory Bank names to:

F1 Factory Current
F2 Factory Legacy

you can delete "New 2.0 Factory" and "Old 1.0 Factory"

they are duplicates simply with different folder names.

Things end up cleaner in the Browser this way, as you would hypothetically have:

E1 Simply Better
E2 Glacier Breeze
E3 Spatial Creatives
E4 Simplicity V1
F1 Factory Current
F2 Factory Legacy
User

Andrew, I do not see how to delete these:

"you can delete "New 2.0 Factory" and "Old 1.0 Factory".
could you please tell me how on Windows 10?

Andrew, I do not see how to delete these:

"you can delete "New 2.0 Factory" and "Old 1.0 Factory".
could you please tell me how on Windows 10?

you can go to:

OSX:
/Library/Application Support/2C-Audio/Breeze 2/Presets/Full/

WIN:
C:\Users\*YOU*\Documents\Breeze2\Presets\Full\

and you can delete:

you can delete "New 2.0 Factory" and "Old 1.0 Factory"

hi Andrew,
I just tried it. there's nothing in that folder. where else should I look for it?
I have show hidden files and folders turned on.

update: found them. there in This PC/Documents/2caudio/breeze2/presets/full

this is a screenshot of what I have now. do I have other duplicates that I should delete: Simplicity Expansion and Simply Better EXP?

Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:
Just got the free upgrade to the rest of the Breeze expansions that weren't part of what was promised when I pre-ordered the Perfect Storm 3.0. Thank you for treating your customers so well!

You're welcome. We think it's important to take care of our existing customers. You helped to get us to where we are and we try not to forget that. So if the deal ever changes, we make sure it changes in your favor.

There's some really great stuff in these other two crated by Simon Stockhausen and Andrew Schlesinger!

Meanwhile, I've been trying to get the manual complete, but I got slightly side-tracked by another related topic.

Check this out:

Solo flute performance with Breeze 2, with left positioning applied to the flute to demonstrate stage positioning and respect of input position within Breeze 2.

(I think I will combine wet/dry examples into one audio file from now on since it is easy to jump around in playback position in SC).

Andrew, your wet/dry orchestral examples are striking! You should keep posting these. This plugin could be the holy grail to so many threads on VI-C on how to tie together wet/dry orchestral libraries, and how to give an ensemble a cohesive sound+space.

Can you share the exact settings used here (and also with the anechoic orchestral stems), so we can follow along at home? Thanks!

Solo flute performance with Breeze 2, with left positioning applied to the flute to demonstrate stage positioning and respect of input position within Breeze 2.

Top Bottom