What's new

10 Years of Strezov Sampling: Let's celebrate!

Thanks everyone for the kind words - it's been quite a journey and continues to be. We have some really cool products for next year, some are quite experimental BUT very creative. The Balkan update is in the works, we just did a thorough internal test of Omnia and tried to make it even more playable, and of course - Afflatus Brass. Can't wait to share all those out with everyone.
Thank you mostly for believing in our team's creative vision and for trusting and supporting us for 10 years; we wouldn't have been here without the community; our "engines" like the X3M percussion stuff or the velocity dynamic influencer wouldn't have been the same without a lot of suggestions sent to us by email.

In case you haven't checked out The Creative ToolboX: Drums and Percussion (our free library): https://www.strezov-sampling.com/products/view/the-creative-toolbox-drums-and-percussion.html

It's a full drumkit + percussion + drum machine library, with multiple dynamic layers and round-robins. Pretty cool stuff, especially if you're doing contemporary pop music.

🙏

Thank you and have a wonderful holiday season!

Is the Choir Collection excluded from this sale? I currently own Choir Essentials, but I would be tempted to buy the entire collection on sale. It shows up as €799.00 for me, regardless of whether I'm logged in. If I price the individual libraries (SCU, Arva, Wotan, Freyja, and Rhodope II) with only the current sale, they would cost me €778.60 in total. With my cross-grade discount for Choir Essentials, buying individual libraries would cost me €682.60 in total.
From my conversation with support, the collection is meant to bought at once. Never really upgraded too. From what I've tallied better off buying individually during the sale. Also support mentioned loyalty crossgrade with each too.

People should consider how difficult it is to create a pricing and discount scheme that doesn't accidentally create the "sales glitches" that other companies have had to absorb when the VI-C masses jump on them (which I think is supremely gross).

Stackable discounts + a sale that accidentally wasn't set to turn off when you thought it would = a really bad experience for a developer.

As mentioned before, the fact that there's any "crossgrade" discount - which stacks and stacks and stacks the more you buy -- when there are no overlapping samples/instruments is incredible.

Last edited:
Are Strezov Wotan/Freyja basically the same as 8Dio Lacrimosa but slightly softer? That’s what I’m picking up from a forum search. If anyone has both, how do you use them both for which different contexts?

Are Strezov Wotan/Freyja basically the same as 8Dio Lacrimosa but slightly softer?
No. They’re totally different beasts. Different tone, different approaches, different section sizes, different playability, etc. etc.

I suggest reading the product descriptions to see the differences.

Last edited:
The first is gone. Doesn't even compare with Rhodope 2...which is incredible. If you like the choirs, Rhodope 2 builds on the concept but using that specific Bulgarian style.

The first is gone. Doesn't even compare with Rhodope 2...which is incredible. If you like the choirs, Rhodope 2 builds on the concept but using that specific Bulgarian style.
I agree that rhodope 2 sounds better but version 1 had a much more versatile wordbuilder, the new one has only a few syllables to play with so it would be nice to still have access to the old one, it doesn’t sound bad after all even though not as nice as v2

I agree that rhodope 2 sounds better but version 1 had a much more versatile wordbuilder, the new one has only a few syllables to play with so it would be nice to still have access to the old one, it doesn’t sound bad after all even though not as nice as v2
V2’s word builder is fantastic.
bought R2 on the sale, and created the following extensively using the syllables builder but in this case layering them. Here is the demo:

Dancing on air

Out of curiosity, I just checked the DJ video of the first Rhodope. The wordbuilder seems to be much more versatile in the first version. Seems odd they didn't implement this feature in V2...

Out of curiosity, I just checked the DJ video of the first Rhodope. The wordbuilder seems to be much more versatile in the first version. Seems odd they didn't implement this feature in V2...
Yes you can pretty much compose your song and execute it as you composed it with r1, but with the new version you need to compose around the existing limited syllables which is hard for me and requires compromises, that’s why I like to work with wordbuilders you can write pretty much anything with. I like the sound much better in the new version but it’s a pity if the old one is just gone forever and I wish I’d get access to it, to complement r2 with sounds r2 can’t produce

No. They’re totally different beasts. Different tone, different approaches, different section sizes, different playability, etc. etc.

I suggest reading the product descriptions to see the differences.
Ok. I had the demo walkthroughs of Wotan and Freyja playing in the foreground while doodling with Lacrimosa on my own setup in the background, and I was struggling to hear much difference in tone or playability. I note there's some polyphonic legato etc in the Strezov libraries, so maybe it's more flexible in certain production settings.

Ok. I had the demo walkthroughs of Wotan and Freyja playing in the foreground while doodling with Lacrimosa on my own setup in the background, and I was struggling to hear much difference in tone or playability. I note there's some polyphonic legato etc in the Strezov libraries, so maybe it's more flexible in certain production settings.
Well, you can’t really “hear” playability. That’s more of a feel and programming thing, and 8Dio’s playability is hit and miss at best, while Strezov’s libraries are far more solid and consistent.

And if you can’t hear much difference between the tone of Lacrimosa and Wotan/Freyja, then maybe just stick to Lacrimosa and forget about Wotan/Freyja. No sense in spending more money on something you think you already have covered.

Cheers!

Btw, Afflatus was the first review I ever did. I bought the library on launch and loved it so much that I wanted to share my love and passion for the library, and what better way to do it than create a review?

Afflatus will always be my favorite string library, and I'm forever grateful to Strezov Sampling for developing it. :inlove:

Happy 10 years!

I've looked at Afflatus for years now and have always been turned off by the high price. I have so many string libraries that I definitely don't "need" another one, but this one keeps calling my name. Ugh! LOL!

Top Bottom