What's new

„The Orchestra Complete“ Test-Track

I like it a lot, very dramatic. I think it deserved a bit more attention. I know the orchestra is semi-phrase-based, so hard to tell how much in there is from those phrases, but it doesn't really matter. If I would add an idea for attempt two it would be ta have more of a hook or theme to hang on to.

The orchestra is not what I would call a phrased based library (I have those) It just has an engine that is a combination of arps and patterns that you actually could apply to any instrument in it. And it's not something that you couldn't do using midi tools in your DAW. It's just easier.

This sounded good. I have The Orchestra and think it sounds a little synthy at times. But you managed to avoid that. :)

The orchestra is not what I would call a phrased based library (I have those) It just has an engine that is a combination of arps and patterns that you actually could apply to any instrument in it. And it's not something that you couldn't do using midi tools in your DAW. It's just easier.

This sounded good. I have The Orchestra and think it sounds a little synthy at times. But you managed to avoid that. :)
Thanks for that 😊. Still needs a better mixing

Impressive.

Just had a look at The Orchestra Complete specs and it runs in at just 15.6GB.

I wonder, therefore, is the cost, at $399, just a tad high?

I am still very new to this sample library thing and I do appreciate, now, that libraries that run on Kontakt Player need to pay a license for that.

And, to me, from what I have heard up to now, this library does sound pretty damn good.

There also appears to be a lot of other stuff going on so that $399 is not just for the size of the sample collection.

Interesting...

I think it’s pretty fair priced. I really like the sound of it , it has the single sections and not just high strings , low strings ect. ect. Would be awesome if there’re more fxs in the brass and woodwind sections like rips and double or triple tongue stuff. It’s definitely a great sketch tool for fast and immediately writing.

I would wait for a sale on it. The "complete" version at $399 does include both the orchestra and the strings of winter, all in the same engine. I find it a little synthy, but I find a lot of libraries in this range to be synthy. The engine is what makes it worthwhile. You can make really great sound beds very easily with it. There are presets but you can also build your own. It is just fun to play

Top Bottom