What's new

Ólafur Arnalds Stratus — Available To Pre-order

There appear to be (only) 3 presets that are actual playable piano:

PIANOS:
Stratus Piano - Centre
Stratus Piano - Left
Stratus Piano - Right

For me purchase will depend on the sound & specs of this instrument: ie if it's not as deeply sampled and tremendously tweakable tonewise as Noire then personally I would view the whole thing as just a gimmick. (Though falling into the "nice to have gimmick" genre.)

For those not in the UK (where Spitfire are based), our government has told us to start the social distancing thing, including working from home if we can. So I would expect some disruption from UK companies (and indeed most companies around the world at the moment). This may explain any delayed orders I guess.

I just pulled the trigger on the OA bundle (already had OAT & OACE) and immediately got the confirmation email with both products listed (OAS & OAE). Waiting on the email telling me OAE is ready to download.

UPDATE: Received the ready for download email for OAE, so it appears things are operating normally at SA

Last edited:
Is the preorder price only available until it launches on Thursday? I’m leaning towards waiting to hear more user feedback on it

I just pulled the trigger on the OA bundle (already had OAT & OACE) and immediately got the confirmation email with both products listed (OAS & OAE). Waiting on the email telling me OAE is ready to download.

UPDATE: Received the ready for download email for OAE, so it appears things are operating normally at SA
I also have OAT & OACE, and I am considering the bundle as well. It's only some 30 euro's more expensive than buying both libraries at 40% off in a sale. Only thing that would make it really cheaper is when the bundle goes 30% off, but I expect that will not happen before Christmas Wishlist 2020.
Unless Spitfire decides to take the current circumstances in the world into consideration and infuses some sonic happiness into our quarantine existance?

See, this is the funny think about these thread. People keep saying thing supposedly with irony, and yet half of them are very possibly true (ie "game changing"), and the other half sound, well kind of awesome, if only they could be true ("Snorkelling with Icelandic Orcas") :)
I take it, you also didn’t get the memo?

This sounds bloody niche.
I imagine it sounds great but how practical is it?
I recall that their other vaguely Systems Music library didn't end up going down to well even though many loved the walk-through video.
Intrigued to listen to the walk-through but wouldn't purchase this until the dust has settled, not that I am looking to purchase.
I enjoy these sort of things but purely as a bystander.
I am wondering how much further SA will push the niche envelope.
A lot more I hope as it's fun to watch.

This is one of those libraries where I´m not quite sure who the composer is.

Olafur Arnalds, as it´s his sound and ideas.
Spitfire Audio, for creating the presets and patterns.
Or me, because...well, I can record me playing a chord and my family then think I´m a genius.

I'll try to put the usual SF hype aside for a moment. The general sound of this library is indeed beautiful and something that would very much fit my sonic taste. However, as usual, I immediately begin to wonder are there some Kontakt libraries in my collection as well as the other tools which I could use to "replicate" the sound and feel of these textures. I believe that this is quite possible, regardless of yet another "groundbreaking" SF concept behind this particular library. I'll watch some more detailed playthroughs when they arrive and keep Stratus somewhere on my radar, though I probably won't rush too much in getting it.
I will probably get this at some point for 50% or more off. It sounds like a very niche title.

Olafur Chamber and Evolutions are (for me) the best SA Libraries!
i am not sure about this one...
very specific

Chamber Evolutions is the very next thing I'm planning to buy from Spitfire Audio and in fact the only library from their current portfolio that really interests me - in addition to a dozen titles that I already have. Not only due to its beautiful and characteristic sound; I'm hoping that this library would help me build strings backgrounds more easily and quickly in some applications. Stratus on the other hand indeed seems much more niche and specific, though I'm still waiting to see some more in-depth videos about it.

Chamber Evolutions is the very next thing I'm planning to buy from Spitfire Audio and in fact the only library from their current portfolio that really interests me - in addition to a dozen titles that I already have. Not only due to its beautiful and characteristic sound; I'm hoping that this library would help me build strings backgrounds more easily and quickly in some applications. Stratus on the other hand indeed seems much more niche and specific, though I'm still waiting to see some more in-depth videos about it.
Yup, OACE is fabulous and will help you do exactly that.

Today, It's OK. I have just received my order confirmation from Spitfire Audio 😍

As far as our customers and service is concerned it should be business as usual at Spitfire. Most of our staff are now working from home so the only thing that I'm worried about personally is if we lose access to our offices altogether or our delivery services stop operating we won't be able to ship hard drives any more.

If that does happen, we'll contact any customers with outstanding orders and offer a refund on the hard drive if they wish or the option to wait until we're back in business.

Anyone that has questions, please contact us using the "chat" or "help" icon in the bottom right-hand corner of our website.

Ben

Top Bottom