What's new

Watch: Our biggest project to date arrives December 14, find out who the collaborator is now

They didn't say library and I doubt anything could be straight up bigger than the Berlin and Ark libraries that took years to reach their current form - not to mention how their words and actions consistently reaffirm the flagship status of Berlin. My guess is some kind of workflow enhancement that will appeal to hobbyists as well, despite the association with the big name composer and the professional film scoring talk. Something that integrates and helps promote their existing lineup as well. Perhaps something along the lines of the Opus orchestrator, maybe even collaborating with Divisimate. In this context, 'biggest' can mean anything, I just doubt it has to do with file sizes or ensemble sizes.

Edit: something software related would also make sense in light of Sine not getting as much attention as many would like - until Q1 next year of course. After this comes out?

If it was a collab with Tom, I'm not sure they'd have so much secrecy given prior collabs with him, seems to suggest a different composer

The 2 elephants in the room are that, #1 Spitfire is releasing the deepest sampled orchestra right now, and #2 Orchestral Tools already has the Berlin Series, which is still one of the deepest sampled projects ever.

So I would not bet on a "Beyond Berlin" set of libraries.

They also talked about "rethinking all the conventional techniques behind sampling" together with consulting a Hollywood composer about their "daily workflows." That sounds like an ensemble patch library to me.

I'll speculate a little.

-Ending Metropolis Ark (MA) left a void, and was probably one of OT's biggest sellers.
-MA and THB (Tom Holkenborg Brass) are the top choice for raw blistering orchestral performance (in my opinion). They play to OT and Teledex's strengths.
-The various MA releases don't fully integrate (different section sizes, dynamics, articulations).

I am guessing something that carries on the spirit of Metropolis Arks (large ensembles that exaggerate brawn, broodiness, snarling), that is designed as a more complete and cohesive stand-alone product (maybe like BBCSO or Jaeger), with more consistent articulations/sections.

OT tended to drop the MA releases around Dec in the past too.

Last edited:
I'll speculate a little.

-Ending Metropolis Ark (MA) left a void, and was probably one of OT's biggest sellers.
-MA and THB (Tom Holkenborg Brass) are the top choice for raw blistering orchestral performance (in my opinion). They play to OT and Teledex's strengths.
-The various MA releases don't fully integrate (different section sizes, section counts, dynamics, articulations).

I am guessing something that carries on the spirit of Metropolis Arks (large ensembles) , that is designed as a more complete and cohesive stand-alone product (maybe like BBCSO or Jaeger), with more consistent articulations/sections.
I'm guessing there going for the full orchestra approach which I like. Berlin Orchestra wasn't really a new release it was just a cut down of the main Berlin series. Perhaps this is a full orchestra in a similar way to BBCSO but more deeply sampled as a whole orchestra than BBCSO and it could perhaps make use of some newer approaches rather than just traditional sampling methods, such as more focus on playable patches.

I think a lot of us are missing the comment that this is the largest SINGLE release from OT. Berlin Series is not a single release
While the comment from OT on p1 in the thread says ‘Biggest Single Release.’ The YouTube title says ‘Biggest Project Yet.’ And inside the video Hendrik says ‘Our Largest Collection To Date.’

So the YouTube pointers are indeed a collection or suite or bundle type deal, and not a single sample library, so it might be a giant dump of libraries that indeed outsizes Berlin. But let’s see…!

They still have some work to do with their flagship Berlin Series (Choir, Solo Strings, last porting to Sine) to make it complete so I wouldn't except a new orchestra to be released in parallel.

Considering BBCSO has one of the biggest threads on here and it clearly sold extremely well, then I would not be surprised if OT noticed this quite some time ago and are following a similar path.

Top Bottom