What's new

VI-Control community member levels

JonL

Piano Maine-iac
I have been using the VI-Control forum for some time, though haven't posted much (more active on the Pianoworld forum) and I've always wondered about the meaning of the member levels. I'm listed as a 'new member' though I don't really think of myself as 'new' (certainly not based on age). There are also 'senior members'. Are there any other levels and what differentiates a 'senior' from a 'new' member? I searched for an answer, but no joy... (Apologies if this needs to be posted in a different area)

Suggestions for titles:

World’s Mightiest Ostinato Composer

Honorable Mention, Most Expensive Computer Award

Top Mac vs. PC Debater

”You Stink if You Use Presets”

Fame is for Losers

I IV V IV ii V I or Die

Willing to Insist Passionately that Notation Is / Isn’t Necessary

I Can Write Species Counterpoint — Nyah-Nyah

Last edited:
Suggestions for titles:

World’s Mightiest Ostinato Composer

Most Expensive Computer Award

Top Mac vs. PC Debater

”You Stink if You Use Presets”

Fame is for Losers

I IV V IV ii V I or Die

Willing to Insist Passionately that Notation Is / Isn’t Necessary

I Can Write Species Counterpoint — Nyah-Nyah
But. . . I like counterpoint. . . .lol

Now that I know I can pick my own level, I'm quite excited to select mine. How about 'Senior Citizen Member'?

Are there any other levels and what differentiates a 'senior' from a 'new' member? I searched for an answer, but no joy...
I can't find anything about this either. Could it have anything to do with the number of "trophy points" you accumulate?

I can't find anything about this either. Could it have anything to do with the number of "trophy points" you accumulate?
Not at all. New members have "New member" by default. But if you click your account settings on the top right of the forum when you're logged in, you can see where to make this change.

Cheers,

Andre
--------------------------------------
VIC Tech support aka the plumber
--------------------------------------

It's a silly system, but it comes built into the forum software (xenforo). It's based on post count, and I think the threshold to cross is 50 posts to no longer be "new".

It's a silly system, but it comes built into the forum software (xenforo). It's based on post count, and I think the threshold to cross is 50 posts to no longer be "new".
But that's if it's on "automatic pilot" right? People can bypass this as soon as they want to change the terms there, no matter the post count.

Top Bottom