What's new

UDIO AI

Celestial Aeon

UDIO AI became live and I looked at it today. I have to say, it is the first music AI that really felt "good" in a way that actually makes you wonder where we are heading when it comes to music. Here is a 15 minute collection of UDIO generated experimental jazzhop / triphop vibes. Only human interaction was the prompt and decision regarding which generated block to extend upon.

I'm thinking that the "worst case scenario" is that soon Spotify and stremaing services will integrate this to their UI so that a person can just write a prompt inside the streaming service and start listening to UDIO radio endlessly -> in 5 years the young people might listen to AI radios more than normal traditional stations or artists.

But I don't really know, I guess nobody knows. The shift is monumental and now the continents are moving. We'll see where they'll eventually place themselves.

The interesting question is the copyright and ownership. If somebody uploads UDIO generated music I think somebody else has rights to also upload that same master because the original creator doesn't really have the actual creator copyright to the master. But then again streaming services don't want to have duplicate copies of same master so.... It will be a confusing mess

The interesting question is the copyright and ownership. If somebody uploads UDIO generated music I think somebody else has rights to also upload that same master because the original creator doesn't really have the actual creator copyright to the master. But then again streaming services don't want to have duplicate copies of same master so.... It will be a confusing mess
For now it's our only hope
it's our only hope
it's our only hope
it's our only hope
it's our only hope

Yes, this will undoubtedly become a big complex mess… But it won't go away. So I guess we have to learn to live with it and figure out ways to use this as yet another tool…
There won't be any actual musicians with talent and anything new to say left as anyone will use US as tools.

If any kindergartener, a taxi driver, an accountant, or my grandmother can create an entire perfectly usable fantastic sounding track that can easily rival the best composers and singers in the whole universe, in what way are we going to embrace it? And for what reason?

To create the tambourine track?

Once trained on, we (musicians) will be the unnecessary part in this whole thing.

Top Bottom