What's new

True Strike 1: Free Update 2.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

It depends on how important the workflow enhancements are to you. The Adaptive Sync feature, for example, is a real time saver. I also look forward to True Strike 2’s flexibility as to how many sounds you can have under your fingertips at once (via Kits with Auto Spread). ProjectSAM has given a classic, legacy product next generation features.

More in David‘s post:

Best,

Geoff
All good points. Honestly not sure it would improve the workflow I have now sorted out with these top perc libraries. I guess it boils down to the only difference possible (for me) -- will my clients think it 'sounds better' (subliminal is ok by me). One thing that would take the sting out of the decision would be a possible crossgrade for True Strike 2 owners.

All good points. Honestly not sure it would improve the workflow I have now sorted out with these top perc libraries. I guess it boils down to the only difference possible (for me) -- will my clients think it 'sounds better' (subliminal is ok by me). One thing that would take the sting out of the decision would be a possible crossgrade for True Strike 2 owners.
Considering the other libraries you have, I think "sounds better" would be a subjective response varying from individual to individual.

For those of us who already have a lot of top-notch percussion libraries, it would certainly be nice to get crossgrade pricing to True Strike 2. True Strike 1 users are lucky to get True Strike 1 v2.0 for free.

Personally, I plan to wait for the next sale. However, if I hadn't just redone my template, I might be in a rush to get it for the workflow improvements. YMMV.

Edited to correct nomenclature.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:
I feel like a broken record with this... but does anyone know offhand what the dynamic/RR situation is with True Strike? I know the timpani is fairly detailed but people describe the library as limited in this regard so I wonder about the rest of the instruments.

Considering the other libraries you have, I think "sounds better" would be a subjective response varying from individual to individual.

For those of us who already have a lot of top-notch percussion libraries, it would certainly be nice to get crossgrade pricing to True Strike 2. True Strike 1 users are lucky to get it for free.

Personally, I plan to wait for the next sale. However, if I hadn't just redone my template, I might be in a rush to get it for the workflow improvements. YMMV.

Best,

Geoff
yep - without crossgrade incentive, the 'risk' of yet ANOTHER library sitting on my drives collecting dust is just going to keep the impulse at bay. ;) Great time to be alive with such abundance of options available.

I feel like a broken record with this... but does anyone know offhand what the dynamic/RR situation is with True Strike? I know the timpani is fairly detailed but people describe the library as limited in this regard so I wonder about the rest of the instruments.
I think (*I THINK) the samples themselves haven't changed. However, if you load an instrument, click the Settings Tab top right of the interface, you then have an option to enable/disable a Velocity Filter (it's enabled by the default). It seems to help quite a bit with the dynamic layers.

Great time to be alive with such abundance of options available.
Don't I know it! When I first started playing in 1965, the keyboard choices were piano and organ. It would be another decade before I got my hands on a synthesizer. A decade after that, I got my first sampler; and another decade later, there were finally enough orchestral CD-ROMs available to begin to do an orchestral mockup.

Fast forward another quarter-century, and I have access to more excellent sounds than I can keep track of (including many ProjectSAM releases). We are very lucky, indeed!

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:
I currently use Hans Zimmer Perc, EW Hollywood Orch Perc and Damage 2. What would Truestrike 2.0 add to these in my arsenal?
I’ve been using TS since it came out on Gigastudio. It still makes up the vast majority of my orch perc template. It’s one of those libraries that just “sits” perfectly in a mix, IMO. Has lovely distance without it being drenched in verb.

Oh man, I completely forgot there were two True Strike libraries. I've been referring to True Strike 1 v2.0 as "True Strike 2." I've got some posts to edit!

Best,

Geoff

It would be really nice if ProjectSAM manages to have the True Strike 1&2 Bundle as one Kontakt Player library instead of two (I mean, when TS2 is updated in the future). With the new patch browser it would be very convenient to have all the percussion intstruments together in a big collection (big, small, woods, metals, melodic, etc).

I’m pretty well set on orchestral percussion BUT i find the adaptive sync in pandora to be SO useful i’d actually buy this updated version of TS1…I shall definitely wait till its on sale though 👍🏻.

just to be sure, when I buy TS1 now I get TS2 for free? Or only existing customers?
I think there is some confusion going on regarding TS2 vs TS 2.0.
There are two libraries called True Strike: True Strike 1 and True Strike 2. True Strike 1 has just been updated to version 2.0. This update is free for all existing owners of the library, but this does not have anything to do with True Strike 2.

just to be sure, when I buy TS1 now I get TS2 for free? Or only existing customers?
Hi all,

Thank you all for your enthusiastic response to the 2.0 update for True Strike 1!

There appears to be some confusion between True Strike 1 (version 2.0) and True Strike 2.

Please allow me to clear some things up here:

Yesterday we released a big update for True Strike 1 . We call this version 2.0. Updating to version 2.0 is free for all existing True Strike 1 users.

Then there's also True Strike 2 (World & Effects Percussion) which is a separate library from True Strike 1.

Lastly, I'd like to mention that if the 2.0 update for True Strike 1 has peaked your interest, you might want to hold off a couple of hours before you decide to purchase. (We might have a celebration coming up.)

Last edited:
New nki not finding samples. Anybody else?
When it asks you to search for the missing files, tick the box that says "allow alternative file types". Fixed this for me. I'm going to experiment with the old patches and whether they'll accept the newer formats as I imagine they are more efficient.

Top Bottom