What's new

Supreme orchestra

Abdulrahman

I always had an idea in mind in making the most realistic sounding library. Just a concept, not a real thing. I called it the "Supreme Orchestra". It is basically a library consisting of two folders. One folder called RAW and the other one called MIXED.

The RAW folder means you will get a collection of recorded instruments untouched, unprocessed and uncompressed. The entire range of orchestral instruments including the standard percussion section, a harp, and a piano.

So the concept behind it is like the following:

If I want to play a Flute patch and triggered the close/room/ambient mic, not only will I hear the flute mic, but also all the mics of the orchestra playing together at the same time. This helps the sound to travel across the hall acoustics and you get to hear natural reverberation of the Flute sound. A true stereo surround sound. The same thing goes to a solo Horn. When you play the close mic, you are actually hearing the close mic of the rest of the horn ensemble (2-4) + the orchestra!

No more creating the illusion of early reflections or faking the sound of the Horn playing in your right ear or the sound of the Trumpet playing in your left. Everything will be there naturally as it's supposed to be.

You will then have the freedom to test your creativity and create your own mix.

On top of that, there will also be a tree mic that will capture the sound of the room (in other words, the room tone). This will be activated all the time to add realism and make sure your room is breathing and not dead silent!

Perhaps, the most crucial and difficult feature to execute is the following:

We all know how frequencies and sounds when collide together, they produce something that is impossible to re-produce with sample libraries. So when you write a four-part harmony for a Horns ensemble, the sound you will get with your sample libraries is nowhere near the real thing. This is science. The acoustic of the room plays a vital role in this + how the 4 players blend together in the section.

So, I thought of a concept in which when you play a 4-Horns Ensemble, an auto divisi will not only split the notes across the 4 players but also the program will intelligently mix these 4 different notes together frequency wise and blend them with the hall acoustic as if they were playing together live in front of you!

This smart feature is not only limited to the same families, but to any instrument from a different family. Say a Violin playing in unison with the Flute, the program will do the same trick here giving you a richer Violin sound and a more soft Flute thanks to their timbres as it should in a live situation.

The MIXED folder is basically the same as the above in terms of technology, but different in sound. It will only be mixed mics created by an Academy-Award winner film mixer in order to give you that authentic Hollywood blockbuster sound!

I had many ideas before including establishing the first recording studio in my region, but as they say "no money no honey".

Here's the blueprint I made: https://i.imgur.com/lICLlxJ.jpg

Hi :)

you will get a collection of recorded instruments untouched, unprocessed and uncompressed.

Already been done. Spitfire. And others, although I can't think of any ATM

If I want to play a Flute patch and triggered the close/room/ambient mic, not only will I hear the flute mic, but also all the mics of the orchestra playing together at the same time.

Already been done. BBCSO

On top of that, there will also be a tree mic that will capture the sound of the room (in other words, the room tone). This will be activated all the time to add realism and make sure your room is breathing and not dead silent!

Most libraries on the market today have tree mics.

So, I thought of a concept in which when you play a 4-Horns Ensemble, an auto divisi will not only split the notes across the 4 players but also the program will intelligently mix these 4 different notes together frequency wise and blend them with the hall acoustic as if they were playing together live in front of you!

You will not be able to automatically (or otherwise) divide four horns that have been recorded in unison. The laws of acoustics forbid that. This is absolutely not something that can be programmed. You would have to record all four horns separately, and they can be combined later to make an ensemble. Already been done. Berlin Brass, Infinite's brass and Audiobro brass. And maybe others as well.

The MIXED folder is basically the same as the above in terms of technology, but different in sound. It will only be mixed mics created by an Academy-Award winner film mixer in order to give you that authentic Hollywood blockbuster sound!

Already been done. Many times over.

I don't want to discourage you, or anything. If you really want to do something, and if you have a passion for it, you should do it. Just understand none of your ideas are new nor unique, and one of them is just technically impossible.

Top Bottom