What's new

Spitfire Cinematic Pads

I’m sure, but I like to run the little ones with the Spitfire Player on my laptop.

The distortion control is interesting and is begging for an LFO to slowly pulse it. Anyone know how to automate smooth swells in a CC like that other than just drawing them in?

The distortion control is interesting and is begging for an LFO to slowly pulse it. Anyone know how to automate smooth swells in a CC like that other than just drawing them in?
Not sure if I understood your question, but what about playing/recording them with a CC controler like the NanoKontrol2 for exaxample?

Which DAW are you using? I know logic has a MIDI effect which (off the top of my head) is called modulator. You can use it to create LFO driven changes to any MIDI CC :).

Which DAW are you using? I know logic has a MIDI effect which (off the top of my head) is called modulator. You can use it to create LFO driven changes to any MIDI CC :).
I am in Cubase. That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks, I will research that for something similar in Cubase.

Ah, the Originals... Where were you back in 2015. when I've finally got myself a copy of the legendary Albion for abt. 600€, after almost five years of dreaming of having it...

Although I personally prefer the orchestral sounds in the Legacy and Loegria libraries to the ones featured in One and Neo (I still haven't "upgraded", primarily out of financial reasons), the area where these new installments are IMO vastly superior (from what I've seen in various videos) is the additional content. There is much more quantity and diversity, and some reimagined classics in the "Stephenson Steam Band" seem much more defined and focused. After watching the walkthrough for "Cinematic Pads", it looks like they've applied those principles to the old sounds here as well. I'll have to do a thorough examination as I've only just installed the library. ;)

All in all, I'm continuing to feel a bit envious of today's newcomers to the world of SA. Thanks to the Originals series and the revamped LABS, you can have incredible quality at your fingertips at a bargain price. This was all but impossible in not so distant past.

Ah, the Originals... Where were you back in 2015. when I've finally got myself a copy of the legendary Albion for abt. 600€, after almost five years of dreaming of having it...

Although I personally prefer the orchestral sounds in the Legacy and Loegria libraries to the ones featured in One and Neo (I still haven't "upgraded", primarily out of financial reasons), the area where these new installments are IMO vastly superior (from what I've seen in various videos) is the additional content. There is much more quantity and diversity, and some reimagined classics in the "Stephenson Steam Band" seem much more defined and focused. After watching the walkthrough for "Cinematic Pads", it looks like they've applied those principles to the old sounds here as well. I'll have to do a thorough examination as I've only just installed the library. ;)

All in all, I'm continuing to feel a bit envious of today's newcomers to the world of SA. Thanks to the Originals series and the revamped LABS, you can have incredible quality at your fingertips at a bargain price. This was all but impossible in not so distant past.
To put it into context further, in the early 00's you were paying 4-5x the price of the albions to get the orchestral sounds - and then in the 80's and 90's you were paying astronimical prices to try and get similar sounds on synths, or if you were lucky you could afford to pay for a real orchestra.

So whilst I share your envy for those starting out today and products being at a bargain price. I am also feeling incredibly lucky to have been making orchestral music in 2015, compared to 20 years before :D

Top Bottom