What's new

Spitfire Audio : Abbey Road 1 Modular Orchestra - Speculation Thread.

Look at the ram! It’s crazy for one string section.
Yeah, I clocked that too. I guess we don't know how many mics are active at the time of the screenshot. Clearly there's a reason Paul is sporting a Mac Studio in the picture! Might also explain the introduction of a Core line for those of us not sporting Ultras with triple figure ram counts. 😂

I think the other big unknown for now, is did they improve their Spitfire Player for this library ?

Remember AR2 Iconic Strings Library.

Functionality? Looks to be the same based on the evidence. But could be a multitude of things under the hood.
I'm concerned about how efficient the player is when loading 3 mic options, plus loading times, it was pathetic when using AR2 Strings Library, also low CPU usage will be nice.

Looks like that is exactly what they are going to do or maybe reduce the functionality of the legatos maybe.
Unless...there's a "non extended" version of the patch in that articulations editor (similar to the BBCSO legato) which can be loaded without the extra functionality to save CPU/Memory etc.

Actually, that would be my bet, based on that ram usage!

Anyone’s here can’t complain much for anything here as I see. So you want the most advanced sampled legato ever, with the possibility to sculpt the sound with multiples mics, vastly detailed dynamic layers, round robins, at one of the most legendary studios and so on…

yeah that cost to you x…

For perfectly running this you would need this system x…

at least x… total ram, cpu, disk space

It is not what you always asked?

The thing I want and could leave to a complain is a good ‘for life’ discount as owner of AROOF, not a merely low amount and with intro period of time!

Also it looks like this has a vibrato control, which sets it apart from Appassionata. I wonder if the lyrical legato will also have this vibrato control as well, or if it will follow the natural progressive vibrato of Appassionata.
I think Appassionata works amazingly well for slower lyrical stuff and I could imagine it would be quiet challenging to have a natural emotive performance, while also having complete control over the vibrato at the same time. Of course it could be possible, so I'm really excited to hear the lyrical legato and see how they handled this.

Also to even thing about to invest again on SF, a specially in super detailed depth walkthrough with every nuance from the master…

I'm already preparing the following mockups as demos for the new library:
Across the Stars (Star Wars), Flying (E.T.), Buckbeak's Flight (Harry Potter), Romantic Flight (How to train your Dragon) and possibly You're the Pan (Hook) if I'm quick enough. I also have a bunch more demos and comparisons planned (Pacific, CSS, HWS), I'll create a user demo thread when the library is out and I'll accept demo requests :)

I wonder which other Strings Libraries one can use with the upcoming AR1MO Vlns 1 Library to get a full string section, before the rest of the AR1MO String Sections are released ?

Maybe their Symphonic Strings Library, or other Strings Libraries you think might be suitable (temporarily) ?

I wonder which other Strings Libraries one can use with the upcoming AR1MO Vlns 1 Library to get a full string section, before the rest of the AR1MO String Sections are released ?

Maybe their Symphonic Strings Library, or other Strings Libraries you think might be suitable (temporarily) ?
AROOF common arts from Hi and Low Strings of ARFoundation and Legato from Hi and Low Strings of Selection!

🤣

I would imagine strings sampled in Teldex (BS, BSS) or Sony (CineStrings) would pair fairly well from my overall impression of how those rooms sound, they're the closest to Abbey Road from what I've heard. Layer in some AROOF ensemble patches with ambient ish mics and boom!

Top Bottom