What's new

Spitfire - Albion ONE - New v1.2 Update Details

Spitfire Team

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO WRITE MODERN EPIC MUSIC IN ONE BOX...
RELEASED AND READY TO DOWNLOAD
AVAILABLE TO NEW USERS TODAY FOR £319
EXISTING OWNERS OF ALBION 'LEGACY' GET IT FOR £149
(APPROX $229, OFFER MUST END 1st NOVEMBER 2015)

FOR MORE INFO AND TO PURCHASE GO HERE

If you own Albion ‘Legacy’ already, make sure you don't miss this one off opportunity to get this totally new set of tools rebuilt from the ground up at an incredible discount.

As an owner of Albion ‘Legacy' you'll either be one of many A-List composers using it to sketch epic and emotional ideas, or one of a host of power-users who need to create awesome sounding blockbuster masters quickly to meet with modern scheduling demands. You may be someone who has used Albion to break into orchestral writing for TV, Film and AAA games, or someone who hasn't had that much theoretical knowledge in orchestral techniques and wants something that simply springs out of the box, plays with ease and just sounds phenomenal. Or indeed you may be one of the coterie of successful producers who have used Albion to inject a bit of British belligerence onto a hit stadium track.

We thank you for you support. welcome to the next chapter...

Features

A 109 piece orchestra featuring top flight London session-meisters, recorded via the finest microphones and pre-amps to tape at Air Studios.
- Hi, Low, Mid and Ensemble Sections
- All new extended and enhanced articulation list
- Highly usable, expertly implemented 'true' legato
- All new control of strings vibrato
- 4 mic positions to adjust scale and perspective to your liking
- Massive string 'runs' selection
- 'Ostinatum' rhythmic phrase builder
- Classic aleatoric effects and techniques

No epic track should be complete without a thunderous gathering of some of the largest drums in London from hi stick ensembles to low taikos and toms, to an epic cymbal ensemble, garden furniture and plastic trash cans, with some blockbuster style hyped percussion thrown in for good measure.

100s of unique, organic and electronically warped loops from some extraordinary new recordings made on a dry stage to give your arrangements pace and a cool kinetic energy. Designed to be sculpted into your tracks with the unique crossfadable dynamics and switchable 8th, 16th and 12th style meters.

A huge library of inspiring cinematic, widescreen and dynamic pads, drones, atmospheres, effects and tools morphed and warped from this original orchestral material. Both the steam synth and Brunel Loops are presented in the much lauded eDNA engine.

BUY TODAY FOR £319
CROSSGRADE FROM ALBION 'LEGACY' FOR £149
(APPROX $229 OFFER MUST END 1st NOVEMBER 2015)

FOR MORE INFO AND TO PURCHASE GO HERE

==============================================

VERSION 1.2 FREE UPDATE WITH NEW GOODIES!

Releasing a product is never easy and despite intensive development, QA and beta testing there's always snow blindness! Albion ONE was no exception, an immensely complicated and feature rich library. We've received fantastic feedback and have had a few "issues" pointed out. So we're proud to announce that within the first two weeks of release we already have a free update that not only features bug fixes, but also some really exciting new content!

ADDED: New 'Organic Mutations' presets added for Brunel
BUG FIX: Fixed issue with various Percussion samples
BUG FIX: Albion ONE v1.1 says 1.0 on the GUI
BUG FIX: Low Woods long sample issue.
BUG FIX: eDNA MIDI glitch
BUG FIX: Albion ONE Brunel Loops Construction Kits loading errors

(Already updated in v1.1)

HOTFIX: Albion ONE Strings Low 8ves shorts bad RR
HOTFIX: Albion ONE Woods High UACC conflict
HOTFIX: Albion ONE Strings Patch overlapping notes
HOTFIX: Organic Brunel Loops - Spread - No sound on load
HOTFIX: Easter Island Hits only plays at high velocities
HOTFIX: Percussion Patches missing 'Help' text

To get this update simply launch your application manager.

V1.3 will feature full NKS support and is just around the corner.

Last edited:
Very very tempted to purchase, but if it's going to be replaced with something superawesomecrazydoom.. :alien:

I don't think it is being replaced but rather decommissioned. I believe this means no further support either?

This surely is one of the strangest announcements I ever heard. So, Albion is soooo great, even a classic after only 4 years, so therefore we shut it down! What kind of logic is that? If I wouldn't already own it I certainly wouldn't buy it now. Who wants to buy a dead horse? Marketing stunt of the year goes to Spitfire!

I don't think it is being replaced but rather decommissioned. I believe this means no further support either?

Quote from their site:
So it is with heavy hearts and a proud tear in our eye that we must now put her out to pasture. We will naturally continue to support a product we’re truly proud of. This will include any new feature discoveries we may make along the way (Albion was recently upgraded to be hosted by our new BML codebase).

So seems like they will support it, at least with new features or something :)

To answer my own question, "We will naturally continue to support a product we’re truly proud of. This will include any new feature discoveries we may make along the way (Albion was recently upgraded to be hosted by our new BML codebase)." Cool. Well, if you don't own this yet then you should by the end of this month. Can't count the times this saved me on a project or just simply got me started.

me thinks there's too much drinking on the spitfire ship these days... Love albion... own it all.

I don't know if it's a marketing stunt - it's niche market anyway so to my POV quality of products + great support are far more important to our community hence to their (w)health than marketing, wich is ephemeral - but what I know is that they seem to intend to do things a bit leftfield, a tad differently and it really works.

Now why would they do that?

It's obviously a kickass deal, but why would one discontinue a digital product - a very popular one at that?

This surely is one of the strangest announcements I ever heard. So, Albion is soooo great, even a classic after only 4 years, so therefore we shut it down! What kind of logic is that? If I wouldn't already own it I certainly wouldn't buy it now. Who wants to buy a dead horse? Marketing stunt of the year goes to Spitfire!

Screw the marketing. I just now bought it because the price was right. There's a lot of hype out there, but I've finally learned to ignore the noise.

In general, I'm priced out of Spitfire's marketplace, however this price point for Albion works for me. Over the years, I waited to buy EW's offerings until they were within my budget, and I buy a lot of smaller developer's products as one-offs in the $50-150 range. I'm happy with the slow growth of my library collection over time. Sales that put things within my budget make me smile. We live in great times for electronic composition.

Screw the marketing. I just now bought it because the price was right. There's a lot of hype out there, but I've finally learned to ignore the noise.

In general, I'm priced out of Spitfire's marketplace, however this price point for Albion works for me. Over the years, I waited to buy EW's offerings until they were within my budget, and I buy a lot of smaller developer's products as one-offs in the $50-150 range. I'm happy with the slow growth of my library collection over time. Sales that put things within my budget make me smile. We live in great times for electronic composition.

Agreed. My Sample Libraries are slowly growing and what a great time for a Composer indeed!

I wonder if the other 3 Albions will be discontinued and have their prices reduced over the coming months? If so then I will be buying all them sooner than I thought!

Very sad to hear of the retirement, though very confused as to whats going to be in its place. Albion 1 is my most beloved library of all time. It has saved and made my projects numerous times and it is such a joy to work with. I am planning to buy the rest of the Albion's at some point in the future, I hope those aren't going to be decommissioned too :(

Very likely marketing strategy to get a good final push of sales after a long run. That said some patches after 4 yrs are still in my template and I would miss them much if they were gone. The group brass staccatos and longs are worth the price of admission alone.

Very interesting. They are not the first time a company discontinues a popular product. But it is interesting.

I wonder if it will still be available in the bundle, just not as a stand alone product? I hope so. This has always been on my list of libraries to purchase. I unfortunately have no budget for new libraries this year. So I may miss out, or perhaps I'll be able to pick it up in the bundle.

Cheers
kc

Maybe it will get a face lift? The short winds were always a little too noisy, IMO, at low velocities.

Maybe they will split it out to SATB? Hi-Low seems a bit of an unnatural way to work with a lot of things. Not that you can't get amazing sound out of the thing.

This is great and without a doubt the first Spitfire purchase for me - because I simply could not justify the higher price points for me. Well done Spitfire Audio!

Top Bottom