What's new

Slowly evolving synth pads.

Hanu_H

Hey guys,

I am writing music for a game. It has a lot of wandering in the forest and I have this sound of slowly evolving pads in my mind. More like a ambient music with some flutes, percussion, etc. I have the flutes and percussion covered but I don't have a lot of synths and my skills in making own presets are limited. I have Evolve, Evolve Mutations 1 and 2, but the pads included are mostly too dark. I couldn't find anything good from Kontakt library either. I have Zebra 2 and I am sure that with right skills it would be the right tool. Can you guys recommend any preset packs for my purpose for Zebra 2? Or any reasonably priced synth that would be full of pads?

Forest Kingdom 2 would probably be the thing but it's a bit pricey and it's not for Kontakt.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

This Zebra2 Elementals: ISLA set has some nice pads and textures that are great. They have a walkthrough video. From the folks at Tree Swift Audio.
https://www.treeswiftaudio.com/isla/ (ISLA)

What about this? Any users here?

Emergence - Quantum ... and Quantum Bird Whistle gets tossed in right now with Promo !
Check top of page ...

The easiest way is to play in one midi part, copy it to three tracks and load different pad sounds on those three tracks. One dark pad for the basic sound, one "acoustic" thing like scratchy strings, tremolos or arpeggiated guitars... whatever. For the third track try something noisy: wind, water, forest noise... whatever fits. Put different reverbs and delays on all tracks. Render every track to audio and draw in automation for the movement.
All that is easily done in a few minutes. I even switch to a double tempo for the midi recording and back to normal speed because I tend to play too many notes.

Top Bottom