What's new

Pro Tools for composing

Sure thing.

Tom also has a large staff of assistants, technicians, and multiple studios on-site to keep everything running and redundant. ;)

It's true, though. Pro Tools does only have 512 Instrument tracks and 512 MIDI tracks available. That's still a crazy number. I know they're slated to bring "MIDI" improvements in a release this year, but I don't know what that will entail.

I don't think you can do a "show tracks with data" at a spot. That had made me curious about Cubase as well, but trying to conform mixed MIDI/Audio sessions to new cuts was driving me kind of crazy, so I switched back to Pro Tools.

I really hope that MIDI will be improved in the next version. I started out wih FL Studio 11 but even there MIDI was better (no hate against FL Studio but for claiming itself "the industry standard" you could expect some MIDI features).

Yep, apparently Pro Tools does not have the possibility showing only tracks with data.

I've been using Pro Tools for composing for years, still do, and still love it.

While there are things that I truly enjoy in Logic, Pro Tools feels at home for me. Sometimes VI performance was a real PITA but the last few versions have been pretty solid. I mostly use Kontakt/NI instruments and vsl.

Top Bottom