What's new

Our Greatest Instrument Yet. Announcing PercX! (Standalone/VST/AU/AAX)

Just got an email from support:

"Oh, I just got an alert that the email with the Account activation for PercX couldn't be delivered to you because of an error of our mail-server. Apologies for this hiccup!"
This is an old issue which a number of people have suffered from (including myself). I am really surprised its an issue that hasn't been addressed yet. I would call it more than a "hiccup".

We've checked our logs and that "number of people" is less than 0.5% of all customers, so the term "hiccup" pretty much nails it.

Nevertheless we are trying to change this system so that new purchases don't rely on a second email in order to rule out that problem in the future. We can understand that this is extremely frustrating to the few poor souls who happen to get blocked by our mailserver.

And does this happen if you trigger the loops from a MIDI clip in your DAW or if you actually hold down a single note?

If the MIDI clips overlap in a certain way it also might cause this effect.
Actually holding down a single note. I have not recorded any midi yet, just playing a bunch of the loops to hear them and learn the gui.

Are you saying you don’t get the same thing? Phasing on the first beat of repeat 1 and 3?

I went through more kits and have not found a kit where it doesn’t happen. Because it’s just the first hit (on the repeat) I’m assuming it’s a triggered sample that is playing back (milliseconds out of sync) on top of the loop.

I can post a few audio examples if that would help. Or a screenshot video so you can see the gui as it happens.

Last edited:
We've checked our logs and that "number of people" is less than 0.5% of all customers, so the term "hiccup" pretty much nails it.

Nevertheless we are trying to change this system so that new purchases don't rely on a second email in order to rule out that problem in the future. We can understand that this is extremely frustrating to the few poor souls who happen to get blocked by our mailserver.
According to Dominik from support the hiccup is the outgoing mail servers spam filters. For me this happens on every email sent to me, including the change my password email. I’m glad there is a workaround but it seems like they could make an exception in the spam filter for my address if that were the case.

Regardless I’m just glad they know what it is and are trying to rectify it. Nothing like this has ever happened to my email address since I got it over a decade ago. Thanks for working on it.

Are you saying you don’t get the same thing? Phasing on the first beat of repeat 1 and 3?

Just checked, doesn't phase here. If you could upload a few audio samples it would be helpful, yes.

Just checked, doesn't phase here. If you could upload a few audio samples it would be helpful, yes.
Ok. As I was setting up to record I realized I’m using VE Pro 7 as my host, so I thought I should check the stand alone and AAX first (I’m using Pro Tools). Both work fine and have not phasing, but both the VST and AU plugins have this phasing issue inside VE Pro 7.0954 (latest version) whether hosted inside Komplete Kontrol or not. Very strange. Since I have it I’ll try VE Pro 6 as well and see if I’m having the same problem.

Edit: oops VEP6 and 7 cannot work on the same machine. Sorry. I didn’t think 7 overwrites 6, but it does. I’ve installed the previous version 7.0926, but it still phases on the repeat. I’m put up an audio demo next.

Also the latest KK (2.3.0) is crashing VE Pro 7 (even older versions of VEP) so I’m in touch with support at VSL who are contacting NI to come up with a fix. So I’ve had to revert to KK 2.02 to get by. But the phasing is happening inside VEP 7 even without using KK. So I assume this is unrelated. Just a heads up that they are working on a new VEP7 update to address KK 2.3.0 crashing VEP7.

So if your not using VEP7 as a host you probably are not getting this issue. Everything is routed correctly. This is the strangest issue I’ve ever seen in VEP.

Last edited:
Downloading the installer is a pain. It's not only VERY slow but when I try to install it, it says "setup files corrupt, please download again" 😭😭😫😫

Even stranger than I thought. I recorded the midi and it phased while record (holding down the note until it repeats which phased). BUT on playback of that same one held note it DOESN’T phase! So odd.

So basically the phasing happens only when I’m playing live through VEP, not on playback of the midi. Really weird. I’ll load another loop based instrument into VEP 7 to see if I can get it to phase as well...

I cannot get the issue to repeat itself with any other looped based instrument. Tried Red Room’s Cinematic Rythms and Pulsesetters Epic Babies loops, but they are both hosted in Kontakt and have loops that are half the length of yours (I held the key down for a while but heard no phasing).

So it may be something happening between your plugin and VEP7. But since it only happens when I play live, it’s not as big a deal for me as I thought (I just need to ignore it while I record). Playing back midi seems to be fine.

But let me know if you find out what this issue is. Very strange. Like I said it’s only happening on the first beat of the first repeat (and the 3rd repeat only) so I’ve got to believe it’s somehow triggering the single sample (of each track) on top of playing the loop, since it phases and has a bump in volume.

Thanks for your help. I’ll do some live recordings so you can hear it.

Here are the Phasing examples, played live through VE PRO 7. I used the first 3 kits in the Core Kits that it happens in. Looks like shorter loops like "Fat Hats" I get no phasing. So it's only happening on the longer loops.

I've recorded through to loop repeat 3 so you can hear how it happens only on the 1st beat of repeat 1 and 3. Yet on playback of midi it works fine. Very strange. Thanks for looking into it.

Attachments

• Dies Irae Phase Example.mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • Hybrid Tribal Phase Example.mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Over the Top Phase Example.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Anyone else had trouble downloading the installer? I have around 50KB/s and it broke two times at 90%. I had one finished download but it says it was corrupt and need to be downloaded again 😒 It takes me 1,5 hours per attempt. That's no fun.

Anyone else had trouble downloading the installer? I have around 50KB/s and it broke two times at 90%. I had one finished download but it says it was corrupt and need to be downloaded again 😒 It takes me 1,5 hours per attempt. That's no fun.

I had no problems at all when I downloaded and installed it. It was actually pretty quick. I was an early adopter though.

Thank you! Who knows... I give it a try again tomorrow then...
Are you on a Mac or Windows PC? Not sure if it's something related to that but it shouldn't be. And FYI, I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago and it didn't seem many were reporting issues then. I did download the updated version a day or so ago and it downloaded in about a minute or so.

Are you on a Mac or Windows PC? Not sure if it's something related to that but it shouldn't be. And FYI, I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago and it didn't seem many were reporting issues then. I did download the updated version a day or so ago and it downloaded in about a minute or so.
I'm on Windows. Well, I read about slow downloads of the installer anywhere in this thread...well, probably there is a server issue or it's the German internet 🙄 Can't wait to try it out 😀

Yesterday the download wasn't working at all, but tonight it all went great. The packs downloaded quite quickly as well.

My early impressions are really positive - this is the kind of tool that really balances ease of use and flexibility well.

I didn't have any issues, bought it today and in 5 min I had the library running and downloading the full set.
The library is really nice! But I would like to know if it is possible to remove the reverb that comes with most of the samples. Or if you're planning to release one expansion with dry samples

Yes, I'm downloading at full speed atm. Who knows what was wrong yesterday. So far, I'm very impressed by the quality of this library. Excellent job!

I also would like dry samples. Some of the tracks are really nice but bear an "epic" gym reverb which does not suit my style. And more variety would be desirable. I only bought the core kits because when listening to the expansions I could not keep them apart: everything sounded the same. An african and an oriental set for example would be nice. And I also miss some more relaxed premade rhythms. Everything is "driving" like for a cineastic chase scene. I know that these are the rhythms of the day and very hip at the moment. But sometimes one could think that there isn´t any other music on this planet than "16th chasing style cineastic epicnes". PerX could be so much more. When I started to edit the rhythms it was a pain in the ass with these tiny dots in that tiny window. The result was pleasing but it slowed me down too much. And last not least: any chance to add some skins? Black and white is not easy on the Eyes, the "industrial beauty" of the Gui not even mentioned :ninja::blush:
All in all the last update made that plugin 100% more interesting and usable since the random rhythms that are created are very often interesting and inspiring.

Last edited:

By "more than a hiccup" I meant that the issue has been going on a long time without being resolved. But, hey, its only 0.5% of your customers so why should you be bothered.
- A Poor Soul

Top Bottom