What's new

NYT on the state of filmed entertainment

Ok Ok I got the courage to read it. It's more encouraging than the deadline articles in the last few days. I'm trusting God through this slowdown. Crap it's been longer than COVID for my gigs. But I'm hopeful as I see colleagues slowly go back to work.
Regarding the article, I agree with the writer. There have been times like this with VHS, MTV, and now streaming., I think audiences are ready we just got to get back to making stuff. I am hopeful for some innovative stuff to come out. My daughter was excited to go out and see Dune 2

My daughter was excited to go out and see Dune 2
Well, that's something? "Excited to go see..." ANYTHING is a plus, I'd say.

I think the long arc of streaming shows and the resultant ability to take time with a story ("Severance" comes to mind for me) has shown a light on the inherent impossiblilty of using a 90-minute or even 150 minute medium to tell a rich story in a satisfying way.

Not sure if that has anything much to do with what's in the article.

Well, that's something? "Excited to go see..." ANYTHING is a plus, I'd say.

I think the long arc of streaming shows and the resultant ability to take time with a story ("Severance" comes to mind for me) has shown a light on the inherent impossiblilty of using a 90-minute or even 150 minute medium to tell a rich story in a satisfying way.

Not sure if that has anything much to do with what's in the article.
Her being excited has to do with Timothy Chalmet lol. Well, every generation has a heartthrob. And heaven help me if I pronounce his name wrong lol. But both my girls liked Zendaya on Disney. They're both teenagers and like seeing smart, young, (and snarky) female characters. Also, I think Dune 2, like Barbie and Oppenheimer, had amazing amounts of publicity.
As I get older, I realize how much marketing plays into things. It's fun hearing my kids recite commercial jingles. . . Still lol

I can't believe that people have not fought to go watching something titled “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom"!

Paolo

Top Bottom