What's new

New here (student, songwriter, dj, producer, post-audio employee)

pianochop

hi y'all! just introducing myself, my name's els, i'm a student in texas current working as an assistant in my university's audio crew, doing some dj gigs and playing a few live shows on the side. my job is basically live audio, editing stuff in pro tools, recording people in studio, and occasionally producing tracks for their music library sometimes. i feel like i'm pretty well rounded, but definitely most experienced in mixing and producing. i'm not totally sure where to focus my efforts for a career- i've looked at game audio, film scoring, film post audio, composing, and i'm sort of in between on all of them. i'm considering just finding a day job and pursuing artistry / production work on the side. if anyone has any advice let me know! i'm 19 and a sophomore in university.

the world is also so fucked, this year is probably the least optimistic i've ever felt in my entire life. my goal with music is probably just to encourage people to do good stuff and express myself. i've always been really interested in sound and audio for basically my whole life. i had started producing in high school and got some traction online in 2020-2022, and have been on a break since graduating hs, taking an internship at a local 'studio' (two guys running a live sound and recording/production operation out of their home, paid me in a, let's say unorthodox way) and then ended up going to school.

anyway, through all this i've sort of realized that nobody i've met seems to be very stable, or really super happy with where they are, (could be wrong) and i'm kind of totally lost on where to go from here. my skills are solid, i'm honestly circling back to songwriting cuz, no matter how much you polish a turd... yk..

anyway, glad to be here! thanks for reading my long-winded intro lol. feel free to msg me if you think we'd click!

Welcome. Lots of folks in the same boat here.
thanks for the welcome!

i'm sure you're super busy, but if you ever have a moment or would be open to it, i'd love to pick your brain about how you feel about your career/life today, and in hindsight, having become a (seemingly) well established composer and sound recordist! just to try and glean some more insight on what steps i should take at such a pivotal age in life, thanks again!

thanks for the welcome!

i'm sure you're super busy, but if you ever have a moment or would be open to it, i'd love to pick your brain about how you feel about your career/life today, and in hindsight, having become a (seemingly) well established composer and sound recordist! just to try and glean some more insight on what steps i should take at such a pivotal age in life, thanks again!
easy. Don't do what I did lol. I'll DM you

Top Bottom