What's new

Kontakt phase issues

arcy

Hi! I'm having phase issues with my sampled instrument. I'm sampling my eurorack synth module. I sampled a simple saw wave from my oscillator. I sampled with a step of a fifth interval. Once mapped the samples and spread them around the root key, I noticed phase playing two notes in octave. Any other intervals are ok, but octave causes phase.
What I'm doing wrong? How can I solve it?
Thanks! :)

Guesses from the information you provided:
If I understood it correctly and you are playing and octave, that means you are playing for example a C1 and a D2 and the D2 is stretched down to C2.
First thing that comes to mind is if the tuning of this D2 was so perfect that when stretched down to C2 you wouldn't get the phasing. Might be easier to sample by whole tones to avoid the issue.
Getting a perfectly tuned D2 such that when it is stretched down it is in perfect phase alignment with C1, seems a bit too much work for your case.
Unless I understood the whole thing incorrectly, in which case ignore all of the above.

Guesses from the information you provided:
If I understood it correctly and you are playing and octave, that means you are playing for example a C1 and a D2 and the D2 is stretched down to C2.
First thing that comes to mind is if the tuning of this D2 was so perfect that when stretched down to C2 you wouldn't get the phasing. Might be easier to sample by whole tones to avoid the issue.
Getting a perfectly tuned D2 such that when it is stretched down it is in perfect phase alignment with C1, seems a bit too much work for your case.
Unless I understood the whole thing incorrectly, in which case ignore all of the above.
Hi and thanks! :)
I'm playing, for example, B4 and B5. Each notes was stretch down from C5 and C6 which are two different samples.

Solved! Randomizing the start position of each sample the phase problem disappeared!

Top Bottom