What's new

Junkie XL Brass?

I'm still yet to see an update on a some broken Berlin Brass articulations I logged 3 years ago lol, don't think they'll ever get fixed, so I'm not going near the sine player after reading how buggy it is. Was just about to buy JXL Brass too, thank god for this forum.

I'm still yet to see an update on a some broken Berlin Brass articulations I logged 3 years ago lol, don't think they'll ever get fixed, so I'm not going near the sine player after reading how buggy it is. Was just about to buy JXL Brass too, thank god for this forum.
aside from CSB I cant think of anything that might please you if that's the case.

what articulations are "broken" in berlin brass

The sound is really great. In particular, Low Brass is probably the best of many libraries. There is no charge issue. I think the value is definitely there.

However, being a crusher puts more strain on computers than mental attacks.

I hope it will be addressed as a top priority.

I’m still having the same issue since it came out, clicks and pops everywhere and I can’t even play anything, and instruments take like 10 minutes to load.
what kind of hard drive are the samples on? how much ram and what kind of processor do you have

aside from CSB I cant think of anything that might please you if that's the case.

You don't have to think of what pleases me. Don't know you and didn't ask for your help. I'm expressing my gratitude to posters for saving me from JXL Brass and Sine based on the complaints I've seen and my own experiences with OT.

You don't have to think of what pleases me. Don't know you and didn't ask for your help. I'm expressing my gratitude to posters for saving me from JXL Brass and Sine based on the complaints I've seen and my own experiences with OT.

I guess that's the best answer I'm going to get for the broken articulations in Berlin brass?

you seem grateful that others saved you from buying JXL brass but won't bother letting others know what is broken with berlin brass. Oh well, opinions on the internet are dime a dozen, you made it clear you didn't want my opinion and for the sake of transparency your complaint about berlin brass is of equal value to me(and likely others) until you're willing to substantiate it.

I reread my original post, which is definitely a harmless attempt at offering you my experiences to save you from purchasing further disappointment, but for some reason instead of being grateful you decided to cop an attitude - hope you have a better day.

Last edited:
It’s all on the same drive.
there is a setting in the player(I didn't need to adjust it) but its probably an issue with not enough loaded into ram to read from disk fast enough.

I use dedicated SSD per section, and seperate from my OS drive. Should be something in the support area. I had the issue with syncrhon

I reread my original post, which is definitely a harmless attempt at offering you my experiences to save you from purchasing further disappointment, but for some reason instead of being grateful you decided to cop an attitude - hope you have a better day.

Maybe try reading again. When you make obnoxious statements about a total stranger on the internet like you did in your first post about nothing can please me, and do these sceptical quotation marks like as if you’re someone I need to explain myself to, I write you off as someone toxic and not worth talking to. You could have asked genuinely hey which patches are giving you trouble? And I would show you the bug trackers logged, but the way you say things shows your intent to argue rather than genuine concern. I don’t need that kind of negativity from a username on a forum I’ve grown rather fond of recently.

Maybe try reading again. When you make obnoxious statements about a total stranger on the internet like you did in your first post about nothing can please me, and do these sceptical quotation marks like as if you’re someone I need to explain myself to, I write you off as someone toxic and not worth talking to. You could have asked genuinely hey which patches are giving you trouble? And I would show you the bug trackers logged, but the way you say things shows your intent to argue rather than genuine concern. I don’t need that kind of negativity from a username on a forum I’ve grown rather fond of recently.
have a good life stranger

I've been building a modular template for Studio One and at least during composing this piece and building the template I had zero crashes and no problems with Sine. I hope OT fixes the poly switch recall bug soon. Nevertheless JXL brass is great for this type of epic music! All the brass is JXL.

Nice one, put together very well, yes the brass is nice but the piece as a whole nailed it

finally bought the library... lot of money... it sounds very good for the instruments i downloaded at this time so it is a very nice start ! Just the gui is bugging when i choose license and store menus if my 4k screens are on more than 100% size characters, i have to switch on 100% before each time... not a so nice start...

@GPlowman since you seem to like programming some of this stuff, I made a short tutorial(voiceless) tutorial on how to create better double tonguing for JXL brass by creating separate "ta" and "ka" articulations.

Also, if people are wondering what faster rhythm programming for JXL brass looks like - that's some trumpets a3.

@GPlowman since you seem to like programming some of this stuff, I made a short tutorial(voiceless) tutorial on how to create better double tonguing for JXL brass by creating separate "ta" and "ka" articulations.

Also, if people are wondering what faster rhythm programming for JXL brass looks like - that's some trumpets a3.
Very nice, after an initial 'play around' period, I do like to start going into the samples and seeing what I can tweak. The SINE player has some superb easy options for adjusting the samples.

I've also finished all I'm going to do on the Star Wars main theme, so here's the 'final'. JXL brass all the way, except for a muted trumpet at the very end of course.

Attachments

• Star Wars Main Theme JXL Brass.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 240
I've also finished all I'm going to do on the Star Wars main theme, so here's the 'final'. JXL brass all the way, except for a muted trumpet at the very end of course.

Not bad. The trumpets are a bit much - especially in the beginning. What patch did you use? (I dont have JXLB). Maybe try a smaller one?

Not bad. The trumpets are a bit much - especially in the beginning. What patch did you use? (I dont have JXLB). Maybe try a smaller one?
a3 trumpets, while I'm not a huge fan of the trumpet tone in JXL brass, I think they sound good here. Maybe you mean they are just a little loud?

That's a3? Wow - thought it would be a6, or maybe even more.

No, I don't think that they are too loud - they sound too BIG. Listen here:

Is that a3? I don't know. But they don't sound as BIG - they aren't taking over the joint, as in your example.

Top Bottom